Budget or Alamo at LAX?

Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Budget or Alamo at LAX?

Hi Flyertalkers!

Although i've been browsing the forum for a while, this is my first post round here. Hope you seasoned rental pros are able to offer some advice....

This is a rare occasion for me where I am renting a car for a non-work related need! In fact, its a fly-drive touring holiday around California next month (I usually rent from Hertz in the UK to drive to meetings etc).

Due to cost reasons, I will be using either Budget or Alamo at LAX to pick up my car from. We are looking to take either a Premium or an SUV for our trip (which will cover approx 3000 miles in 2 weeks!). Would you guys recommend either rental company over the other? Also, with regards to their fleet, do Budget or Alamo offer the best choice? Is worth the extra to choose a luxury model over the premium? (there will be only 2 of us, but want the space and comfort). A chrysler 300C Hemi would be amazing!!

Any further hints/tips about renting from LAX would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:28 pm

I always use Budget, but everyone has their preferences...

Book into the Premium, 9 times out of 10 they will give you the Luxury anyways.

If they have the 300C, all the better
Old May 2, 2009, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply! We booked Alamo, for no reason other than I prefer the idea of being able to choose my own vehicle. However, if any of you guys would recommend Budget instead, then let me know as I can always change it.

Fingers crossed for a nice Luxury upgrade!
Old May 2, 2009, 8:04 pm

I would go with Budget and sign up for Fastbreak service. If you have fastbreak, you won't have to go to the counter. All you have to do is look at the fastbreak board and find your last name which will have a number beside it. This number is the area that you can choose your car from and you're on your way.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:15 am

I usually rent from Alamo, but I have a trip coming up in July out of LAX and Budget is much cheaper.

I'd love to hear about the pro's and con's of Budget vs. Alamo, especially out of LAX.

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:40 pm

Alamo at LAX is a corporate store. Budget at LAX is an independent licensee. Many people have reported problems at independent licensees, with all the companies.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Alamo at LAX is a corporate store. Budget at LAX is an independent licensee. Many people have reported problems at independent licensees, with all the companies.
Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by UAL123
I would go with Budget and sign up for Fastbreak service. If you have fastbreak, you won't have to go to the counter. All you have to do is look at the fastbreak board and find your last name which will have a number beside it. This number is the area that you can choose your car from and you're on your way.
Gonna resurrect a thread here...

Is this Fastbreak service free? On their website, it states its free but then asks for my credit card info. The T&C is also 29 pages long and I do not feel like reading it. Isn't that what FT is for? Bypassing T&C's? lol
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:55 am
wcj

No, it's not, but I'll help anyway.

Fast Break is free, but the card needs to be on file so they can charge you. I know you'll have a duh moment in a minute..... Fastbreak let's you skip the counter.....Budget likes to be paid......
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by wcj
Fast Break is free, but the card needs to be on file so they can charge you. I know you'll have a duh moment in a minute..... Fastbreak let's you skip the counter.....Budget likes to be paid......

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.