Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget vs. Alamo or Enterprise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Budget vs. Alamo or Enterprise

Appreciably better experiences at one or another? I've had more mixed experiences with Budget but I"ve rented more from them and, except in one case, the worst experiences were at franchises vs. airport locations Used Enterprise just a couple of times (in part because they discourage one-way rentals with higher rates), but I do remember a USAA rep once telling me that Enterprise was good on resolution of any disputes regarding damages. I recall using Alamo just once, in Sacramento, and the experience was just fine (got a Dodge Charter as a full-size car), though I've read some negative reviews of the company. Renting either in Charlotte or Greenville, Budget is the only one that would charge more for an additional driver even if it was my spouse (the rep at CLT said the charge was $13.99 a day with a max per rental of $99, though the Web site says the max charge is $65).

For picking up at CLT and returning it to CLT, prices at all three are about the same, whether I use a Costco or AARP discount code (Avis and Hertz would cost appreciably more). If we picked up at CLT and returned to GSP, Budget would be cheapest (in fact, the only one that wouldn't charge more for that one-way rental).
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I use Budget when it is a company owned location. Budget has better prices and if you join their "FastBreak" you can speed by the counter. I have had issues with Franchise locations so if you call them be sure to ask.

Budget is good about damage claims. My rental, black crown victoria, got dinged badly in the rear passenger door by a truck door. I guess they thought I was an undercover officer or worse. Budget sent me all the forms needed and Visa Signature is taking care of the charge.

Budget is owned by AVIS so you can't go wrong and you will save a few dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.