Budget Bucks

Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:48 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Looking at doing this and have a couple of quick questions:

1) Can I earn Budget Bucks when using rentals with a promo/coupon code (looks to be the case)
2) Is it confirmed that one voucher can be used per rental?
3) Does the voucher replace a coupon (i.e. I can't use a Budget Bucks with a $30 off weekly coupon)?
4) Can I earn FF points in another program and still qualify for Budget Bucks?
Originally Posted by slackinormackin
1) I've used 3 Budget Bucks together on two occasions. The coupons say nothing about 1 per rental either.
On the back of the certificate, it says: "May not be used in conjunction with any other certificate, promotion of offer."

In my experience:
1) You can use it with another BCD code. I don't see how you can use it with another coupon code, since to use BB, you have to put a specific coupon code in the coupon field.
2) In previous years, I've used more than one. This year, they've only let me use one per rental.
3) See #1.
4) Yes.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Budget used to have a website that would allow you to track your qualifying rentals with this promo, but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Anybody know what happened to it?
I only see it on the emails when you qualify for a certificate and in the email body they re-cap the recent rentals (including those that were too short).

Rasheed
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Thumbs down

Just tried to use my bb $25 in OGG - no luck. Only good in the 48.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
For the second year in a row Budget is telling me they have no record of me registering for the Budget Bucks Promotion. This time I have a printout of my confirmation indicating a successful registration, we shall see if they issue the certificates owed.

Has anyone else had Budget tell them they were not registered when they had proof they were, I am wondering if this is not actually an accident after happening two years in a row to me.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:57 pm

Extended to 2015 (12/31/2015)....

http://budget.com/bucks

Don't forget, that actual rental period better be exactly 48 hours or more (sometimes you gotta use that grace period of 29 minutes). Any rental that is less, does not count, and it does not round. Just because you paid for two days means nothing for this program.

Submit appears to be broken for me right now, but will have to try later.

Rasheed
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:56 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by rasheed
Extended to 2015 (12/31/2015)....

http://budget.com/bucks

Don't forget, that actual rental period better be exactly 48 hours or more (sometimes you gotta use that grace period of 29 minutes). Any rental that is less, does not count, and it does not round. Just because you paid for two days means nothing for this program.

Submit appears to be broken for me right now, but will have to try later.

Rasheed
Two things:
1) Do we need to register again if we registered already, or will our registration automatically extend through 2015?

2) I have successfully gotten them to send me Budget Bucks for rentals that were 2 paid days, but I returned the car within 48 hours. It was a HUGE pain and after denying me a couple of times, they finally sent them to me after I threatened to take my business elsewhere. (I had a lot of rentals in 2014).
It's such BS that it has to be like this. Nowhere in the fine print of the promo does it say you have to keep the car for 48 hours. I suspect it is just a lazy IT issue, that they haven't bothered to fix.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:13 pm

Yes, I would absolutely register again and save your confirmation email. Maybe create a reminder to do this in the beginning of January.

I can't tell you why they don't count 1.95 rentals as it says on the statement. I think it is by design. I don't bother trying as if it was meant to be, they would consider anything where 2 days were charged automatically. I think everyone knows that if you can double dip with both miles and bucks accrual and maybe Star in 2015, it is hard to complain otherwise.

That is my issue with other agencies, I have to pick between free rental days or partner points with usually higher rates. This is a good combo. I am ready to consider another car rental provider if there are ideas out there.

Rasheed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.