Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 30, 11, 7:10 pm   #1

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
Cheaper from Expedia (.ca) than Budget direct

I have an interesting rental coming up in HNL. I scoured my codes database (and those here) and couldn't come with anything for a standard on Budget.com for less than $360ish taxes incl. Expedia.ca (and only .ca - the .com and .co.uk/.de don't have this rate) had it for $245ish. It's a pre-paid rate, but fully refundable. Is this like a Hotwire-price rate with the benefit of refundability?

Anyone know what's the score? The only downside is no Fastbreak added to the rental, so I might have to stand in line; though the rental confirmation info said to hit the Fastbreak line anyway.

I'll make sure to check Expedia in the future -- it's not something I usually did, because they either were the same as Budget.com or way more expensive.
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 11, 4:34 pm   #2

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Same for me at PHX this next week - a solid 50% less at Expedia.ca than Budget. Wondering if I will be hit with any surprise charges at the counter?
corlanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 11, 11:55 am   #3
Y..

My guess would be you have to live in Canada to take advantage of these rates. Canadian dollar ration is different. As of today, $1.00 US dollar is to CA $1.01. They may want proof that you live there. Obviously you have to show a drivers license. I would careful on this one. You are right, you don't want any surprises at the check in counter.
Y.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 11, 12:02 pm   #4

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Follow-up...absolutely no surprises for me in PHX a couple of weeks ago. All worked great, no issues, no extra charges. Their supplemental insurance was heavily promoted, but easily declined.
corlanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 11, 2:40 am   #5

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Any suggestions on find a friendly Budget (or other) dealer in Boston (Logan is best) for a 1 way rental (SUV) to Hartford where we can avoid the drop / convenience fee?
CanuckinKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 11, 4:15 am   #6

Budget usually doesn't have a separate drop fee like the discounters but a higher daily rate. Please post questions like this in the general Other thread so more people can give you input. I recommend checking Hertz neighborhood stores in the Boston suburbs.
Auto Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote