Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware Of Budget Fastbreak

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Beware Of Budget Fastbreak

I don't normally rant but I give up on Budget's Fastbreak... arrived in MCO at 23:22 hrs and promptly went out the door to the Budget Fastbreak counter in the parking lot. Closed, shut down, nada. Go back into the terminal and 43 people in line with 3 clerks taking 10 min. for each. With Budget's "we're gonna charge you if you cancel" policy, getting out of line and going to a competitor was not an option. One and half hours later - I get my car.

Apparently, MCO Fastbreak is NOT 24 hours as stated on my confirmation - the hours are 6AM to 12 midnight (or thereabouts, according to the clerk). With 10 or more flights arriving at MCO around 23:00, Budget shuts down and goes to the skeleton crew with an attitude...never an apology.

Ironically, my company was solicited by Budget to enroll in Fastbreak for the convenience of our employees...back to the Emerald Aisle for us!

Last edited by N231LA; May 1, 2010 at 8:46 am
Old May 4, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by N231LA
I don't normally rant but I give up on Budget's Fastbreak... arrived in MCO at 23:22 hrs and promptly went out the door to the Budget Fastbreak counter in the parking lot. Closed, shut down, nada. Go back into the terminal and 43 people in line with 3 clerks taking 10 min. for each. With Budget's "we're gonna charge you if you cancel" policy, getting out of line and going to a competitor was not an option. One and half hours later - I get my car.

Apparently, MCO Fastbreak is NOT 24 hours as stated on my confirmation - the hours are 6AM to 12 midnight (or thereabouts, according to the clerk). With 10 or more flights arriving at MCO around 23:00, Budget shuts down and goes to the skeleton crew with an attitude...never an apology.

Ironically, my company was solicited by Budget to enroll in Fastbreak for the convenience of our employees...back to the Emerald Aisle for us!
I suggest that this [bold] is the heart of your problem. As stated elsewhere, with the potential $75 penalty, I won't use my FastBreak membership anymore. But I will use the card for the FastBreak queue. I know, it's not going directly to my car, but it's the best balance for me.
Old May 5, 2010, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
I suggest that this [bold] is the heart of your problem. As stated elsewhere, with the potential $75 penalty, I won't use my FastBreak membership anymore. But I will use the card for the FastBreak queue. I know, it's not going directly to my car, but it's the best balance for me.
Not me - staff at MCO was overworked and rude at 1:30AM, handling all kinds of customers while those that went through the effort to sign up for Fastbreak had to stand in the same very slow moving line. First and last Budget rental.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
At several locations, politely inquiring where FastBreak members should go will enable you to be served next cutting all the ma/pa kettles on line.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
At several locations, politely inquiring where FastBreak members should go will enable you to be served next cutting all the ma/pa kettles on line.
Not in MCO - a polite inquiry was answered with "git in line"...I was told that FastBreak members "git no preference at the main counter".
Old May 11, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Not in Las Vegas either! FastBreak is incorporated with their return hut, where they should really rename it SLOWBreak!
Old May 20, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Originally Posted by dollerman73
Not in Las Vegas either! FastBreak is incorporated with their return hut, where they should really rename it SLOWBreak!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.