Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

It cost me $30 to add Fastbreak number to reservation

Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:47 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I haven't rented from Budget in a while.

1. I booked thru Costco and I didn't have my Fastbreak # handy. I found the # and wanted to add the number. Budget told me that would require changing the reservation and the compact car I booked is sold out now. Never encounted that before. I told them to leave the reservation alone.

2. I am used to dealing with other rental companies and I never have any problem adding my Frequent renter number (Alamo, Avis, Hertz, etc) without changing the rate.

3. I am picking up the car at SLC. The taxes went up by $3.XX. I wonder what tax went up at SLC. I booked the car on 5/28 and Budget changed the reservation as of 7/2 with the increased amount of taxes.

I notice that with Budget, any coupon deduction is not reflected in the printout. Unlike Hertz that I frequently deal with. I will bring the old printout with me.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Speaking of Fastbreak, other than smaller lines.. is there really any benefit to this? Avis does free weekends, but usually that's more expensive than paying full price from Budget or ERAC.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:41 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by BarryL
Speaking of Fastbreak, other than smaller lines.. is there really any benefit to this? Avis does free weekends, but usually that's more expensive than paying full price from Budget or ERAC.
Per the Budget site, nope, they don't do anything but faster exits when picking up a car.

It's worth noting that the Avis free weekends aren't too much use anyway. They are blacked out over significant periods and you're still paying all the taxes/fees that they tack on (some by Avis..).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I thought there are some additional Fastbreak benefits:

1. The ability to enroll in Budget Bucks
2. The ability to add your Frequent Flyer or other loyalty program to a card online (if you do not have Fastbreak you have to present the card at the counter)...

Not sure if "Rent More, Save More" is tied to Fastbreak too. I think it is. Once in a while it is cheaper than other codes I try.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chemist661
3. I am picking up the car at SLC. The taxes went up by $3.XX. I wonder what tax went up at SLC. I booked the car on 5/28 and Budget changed the reservation as of 7/2 with the increased amount of taxes.
The change in estimated taxes means you've been upgraded in their system to a nicer/larger car, this can change at the last minute.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:50 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I ended up going with Hertz. They dropped their prices the last minute. Used their Gold Choice and got a nice car.

I did cancel the Budget reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.