Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First vs National Executive Elite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Avis First vs National Executive Elite

After years of being National Executive Elite, my company is switching me to Avis. I got Avis to match my tier to Avis First after showing my Exec Elite status.

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the difference? What I should expect? Is First better than natlExecElite? Same?

Any insight on what I'm in for would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by AtlantaX
After years of being National Executive Elite, my company is switching me to Avis. I got Avis to match my tier to Avis First after showing my Exec Elite status.

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the difference? What I should expect? Is First better than natlExecElite? Same?

Thanks.
Avis First is no where close to National EE unless you rent at a lot of smaller airports in which case they might be about the same. The rewards program with Avis First is also not even to close as National's reward program. Also you will always get your National upgrades where as Avis is based on availability.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold

Thanks.
Definitely a big downgrade. See if your account manager can swing a few President or Chairman memberships.

If you're stuck with First:
  • Get to know the Avis staff at the locations you frequent most often.
  • Remember that any vehicle can be assigned to anyone at any time. Yes, you might have booked a mid-size or full-size, but remember the latitude that agents have with vehicle assignments. This is especially true on days where they are short cars.
  • Don't like what you were pre-assigned? Find 2 or 3 cars you would drive, remember the spot numbers, and go into the Preferred Booth. Be nice.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear the news...
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lardiop
[*]Don't like what you were pre-assigned? Find 2 or 3 cars you would drive, remember the spot numbers, and go into the Preferred Booth. Be nice.
This might be the single best advice ever given on this forum. Do it every time you don't like your car, and I promise you'll get one of the options you do like.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
[QUOTE=lardiop;21394540]Definitely a big downgrade. See if your account manager can swing a few President or Chairman memberships.

Except that even with the CM membership, you still have to fight for what you want. I find no value in having it whatsoever.

sanctified50's quote was spot on.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LauraTR
Except that even with the CM membership, you still have to fight for what you want. I find no value in having it whatsoever.
No value whatsoever? None? Zilch? Zero? Nada?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Let me think about that and I'll get back to you. Nothing comes to mind right now.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Noticed in your profile that you are AVIS - President's Club.

So, above First, are there additional "levels" that aren't published? What benefits are associated?

After one rental, I'm unimpressed. I like the "select your own car" approach that National had.

Thanks,
Michael
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by lardiop
  • Don't like what you were pre-assigned? Find 2 or 3 cars you would drive, remember the spot numbers, and go into the Preferred Booth. Be nice.
...but keep in mind that if you're at a "Select & Go" location that's gone paperless, the vehicle(s) in those spots may already be assigned to another customer. Make sure to check the "Select & Go" area; if there's a vehicle in the Upgrade row that interests you, talk to an agent - in some instances they'll give it to you at your reserved rate, since you're entitled to a free (capacity-limited) upgrade.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:40 pm

So, above First, are there additional "levels" that aren't published? What benefits are associated?
Everything you ever wanted to know:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...mans-club.html
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
"Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club"

And what are the nevefits for these. I am enterprise Gold and would like to status match (since I don't rent locally but in airport locations I am hoping they will give me agt least FIrst, maybe President's club, as I used to be select Plus I think they called it, or select reserve (now I am reLly dating myself...LOL)
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:49 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by rodsren
"Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club"

And what are the nevefits for these. I am enterprise Gold and would like to status match (since I don't rent locally but in airport locations I am hoping they will give me agt least FIrst, maybe President's club, as I used to be select Plus I think they called it, or select reserve (now I am reLly dating myself...LOL)
Good luck.. I've never known Avis to match anyone up to Pres Club or CC, unfortunately.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Good luck.. I've never known Avis to match anyone up to Pres Club or CC, unfortunately.
Agreed. It won't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.