Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Can miles be credited to someone other than the driver?

Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat

Can the miles from a Budget rental be credited to a different DL skymiles number other than the driver's, or does the name of the driver have to match the name on the skymiles account? Has anyone ever tried this before?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:10 pm

and you think...

that someone would actually answer that question on a public thread in any way other than the obvious answer, no?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I think actually yes. The airlines doesn't care who's on the rental. They just want to see the FF number. It's a hidden secret to resurrect mileage accounts that has been closed or wiped out due to inactivity by adding a past car rental (from someone) before the inactivation date.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by heffa
I think actually yes. The airlines doesn't care who's on the rental. They just want to see the FF number. It's a hidden secret to resurrect mileage accounts that has been closed or wiped out due to inactivity by adding a past car rental (from someone) before the inactivation date.
I wish I knew this a few weeks ago!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
You may have trouble

I know the credit card that you supply when renting must match the Primary Driver....
I know a couple of weeks ago...my Spouse was going to be the primary driver....and they would not accept a credit card in my name for payment...had to be the Primary Driver. Needless to say they were not interested in my FF miles card either.
So, where the Airline may not care....the Car rental company might.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Executrip
I know the credit card that you supply when renting must match the Primary Driver....
I know a couple of weeks ago...my Spouse was going to be the primary driver....and they would not accept a credit card in my name for payment...had to be the Primary Driver. Needless to say they were not interested in my FF miles card either.
So, where the Airline may not care....the Car rental company might.
If the airline doesn't care, as heffa said, then my understanding is that you should be able to put just anybody's FF number with your car rental, isn't it?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:16 pm

Red face lol, yea, that's a conversation I'd like to have...

Uh, Mr. Budget Person, hi, I heard on an internet discussion board that the airlines don't care if I put my half brother's frequent flyer number for my miles for this car rental even though I'm renting the car, so if you wouldn't mind, could you enter 1234567 for me in my car rental agreement?

Originally Posted by moonquake
If the airline doesn't care, as heffa said, then my understanding is that you should be able to put just anybody's FF number with your car rental, isn't it?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by randix
Uh, Mr. Budget Person, hi, I heard on an internet discussion board that the airlines don't care if I put my half brother's frequent flyer number for my miles for this car rental even though I'm renting the car, so if you wouldn't mind, could you enter 1234567 for me in my car rental agreement?
Heffa is right. I recently was able to resurrect 80,000 expired UA miles in my wife's account (different last name) by dredging up a 9-month old Budget rental in my name for which no miles had been awarded. You don't have to tell Mr. Budget Person who the number belongs to; I just asked politely to have the miles credited to account to have expired airline miles restored. They were very helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.