Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RyanAir = UselessAir

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
Holy Crap! This happened to me yesterday!!! I was flying from Stansted UK to Valencia Spain. I got there about 1.5 hours before having checked in online. The kiosk wouldnt let me print it out and the mobile app didnt work. I had to pay 15 pounds to get a printed ticket. There was no physical way to board my plane without paying them money!

Never again. I wrote an email to my entire company forbidding anyone to use Ryanair for travel. Going forward all expenses submitted on Ryanair will be denied. We are not a huge company, but with offices in the UK and Spain, we used them fairly frequently.
Back that email up with another telling your staff that they need to CAREFULLY look at websites when making booking bookings or checking in online. Ryanair are crystal clear that unless you print a BP before you get to the airport then they will charge you. I've never used the app but I suspect it will be like many other airlines apps in that it doesn't allow you to check-in after D-2 hours.

I'm afraid in this instance you are wrong as you failed to do what the supplier requires you to do.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Spoddy
Assuming you're in the UK. Take all your documentation and bring it to the small claim court, also assuming your credit card doesn't refund you the money.

Clearly a breach of contract, as they've taken your money and denied you the services you paid for.
For clarification, small claims against Ryanair do not take the usual procedure as they're not a UK airline. He/she will need to use the ESCP.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Parikh1234
We built this company on treating our customers in a fair manner. We dont deal with companies like Ryanair even if it means being inconvenienced. We actually turn down working with companies whos philosophy we do not believe in. I did some basic google searches and it seems like their CEO is a total prick as well.

Sometimes taking the high road is not as easy as it sounds.
You can get a little slack for seemingly being based in the States, but Ryanair's service levels are famous for being poor (they even used to revel in it) - I struggle to see how that got past you before!

My point was more along the lines of it being utterly pointless than it being difficult. You may be happy to inconvenience yourself out of some kind of principle, but are your staff? If my boss forbade me from flying my preferred airline because they had a boarding pass issue (which seems to be entirely your fault - I assume the rest of your staff manage to follow the clear instructions given to print out the boarding pass?) on one flight I'd have a few words to say about them - I've ranted about them for less in the past!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
For clarification, small claims against Ryanair do not take the usual procedure as they're not a UK airline. He/she will need to use the ESCP.
Thank you for this, I had no idea this was available.
As I understand it, this can be used as a pan-european substitute for the MCOL, correct?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Doitsu
Thank you for this, I had no idea this was available.
As I understand it, this can be used as a pan-european substitute for the MCOL, correct?
It certainly seems like it. I'm not 100% sure as only ever seen it referenced in discussions about Ryanair and EU261.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I not only have their confirmation itinerary with 6-digit code, but they notified me 10-days ago of departure time changes and asked me to acknowledge them, so besides finding the original Sept charge to my Visa card along with the above, I'll let these a**holes defend themselves in Court as when the customer communicates with their Customer Services they lie like a rug.

Sure, I can get the charge disputed but that won't teach these a**holes to continue their garbage on others so we'll let a Judgment dictate their fate.

Originally Posted by Eryeal
Did you save your confirmation email when you paid? If you never got one, most likely there was some issue with their system.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by leeky
Sure, I can get the charge disputed but that won't teach these a**holes to continue their garbage on others so we'll let a Judgment dictate their fate.
Neither will a meaningless court case. But if it makes you feel better then go ahead!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

they want to start service to the US, well let them, but in the US they have these wonderful Federal Courts and ability to move for Class Action with treble damages and statutory atty fees and great subpoena powers and my legal costs are only a filing fee.

Originally Posted by callum9999
Neither will a meaningless court case. But if it makes you feel better then go ahead!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by leeky
they want to start service to the US, well let them, but in the US they have these wonderful Federal Courts and ability to move for Class Action with treble damages and statutory atty fees and great subpoena powers and my legal costs are only a filing fee.
They confirmed they were not planning to start service any time soon quite recently.

Every so often this comes up and on this occasion the board quickly discounted the suggestion.

As for US vs EU protections. The EU protections are pretty strongly in favour of the customer. Take a look at EU261.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by k_getchell
They confirmed they were not planning to start service any time soon quite recently.

Every so often this comes up and on this occasion the board quickly discounted the suggestion.
Not under the same operating company, but under evaluation anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/confusion-over...133658611.html
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Not under the same operating company, but under evaluation anyway.

I couldn't get that link to work, but here's another one from the UK's Guardian paper that was referring to the latest u-turn.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...c-flights-plan
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by k_getchell
I couldn't get that link to work, but here's another one from the UK's Guardian paper that was referring to the latest u-turn.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...c-flights-plan
Here's the (hopefully) corrected link.

Dated the day after the Guardian article.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
US Air = Useless Air, as far back as at least the early 1970s.
I think USAir came into existence in 1979 when Agony Airlines did a survey that showed USAir, which did not exist, had a better reputation (not hard).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
The requirement to check-in and print the BP.

Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

is this also required if one booked their business class (I thought not but what do I know).

Originally Posted by Gaza
The requirement to check-in and print the BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.