Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:45 am

Work for Norwegian?

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
In the case of Norwegian, operating intercontinental flights on time, and with the advertised equipment, would be considered "amazing"...
Which part of Norwegian do you work for?
I am sorry to disappoint you, have never worked for any airline!

But I do think it is amazing that an airline will make an offer like this just because they change the equipment. I have never experienced it on any other carrier.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:47 am

Weird post?

Originally Posted by ChicagoAlex
Kind of a weird first post (very suspicious...), but this isn't a terrible point. Other airlines advertise the Dreamliner heavily and have had equipment changes. Haven't heard of this kind of generosity.

United, to their credit, appeared sympathetic, but I don't think that they were granting full refunds:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iles-back.html

Oh, and even if you're a Norwegian marketing employee...Welcome to FlyerTalk!
What's weird about my first post? But thank you anyway for welcoming me.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by vinjar
I am sorry to disappoint you, have never worked for any airline!

But I do think it is amazing that an airline will make an offer like this just because they change the equipment. I have never experienced it on any other carrier.
This is true. If it qualifies for "amazing service" remains to be seen, but I don't think its the norm to be offered a refund of the ticket for equipment swaps.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:58 pm

can't find a seat map for norwegian/euroatlantic/etc.'s 777-200ER anywhere. guess i'll just have to guess based on SQ etc.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
In light of all of the issues, I wonder how difficult it would be to get a refund on my ("nonrefundable") ticket. At this point, I'd prefer to just fly out of SEA on Icelandair. They have a really good fare for my travel date. I'm not optimistic that my flight on Norwegian on 6/6/14 out of OAK will actually be on a 787, that will will leave on time, that the food will be edible, etc. Wishing now I'd have just booked on FY in the first place.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
In light of all of the issues, I wonder how difficult it would be to get a refund on my ("nonrefundable") ticket. At this point, I'd prefer to just fly out of SEA on Icelandair. They have a really good fare for my travel date. I'm not optimistic that my flight on Norwegian on 6/6/14 out of OAK will actually be on a 787, that will will leave on time, that the food will be edible, etc. Wishing now I'd have just booked on FY in the first place.
Very difficult I'd imagine. While I can see why you'd be hesitant with them, you don't really have any substantial reason to believe your flight won't leave on time. Neither bad food quality nor changing the plane are valid reasons to cancel either.

Worth a try though anyway.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:04 am

The biggest issue for me is timeliness as there have been many delays with Norwegian, sometimes the flights not only leaving many hours later, but 2-3 DAYS later! And they will not book you on another carrier in these instances. With a very tight itinerary and only a week to see Norway, any delay more than a few hours will seriously impact me. I've got serious buyer's remorse!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:45 pm

Does anybody know today's first CPH-LAX flight went? Did the get going on time? In the 787? I'm booked on the next flight on Tuesday...
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:51 pm

It appears that the flight departed and arrived on time, on a 787:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...321Z/EKCH/KLAX
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:39 pm

It appears that the flight departed and arrived on time, on a 787:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...321Z/EKCH/KLAX
In order to maintain their terrible in-time stats (if weather was so bad at OSL, ARN and CPH in December, how come SAS in-time performance was much better?), the LAX-ARN return flight left more than 90 minutes late.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...230Z/KLAX/ESSA

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Mar 1, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:15 am

Yes, an hour and 39 minutes late. I understand L.A. Is having a major storm though. That might be a factor.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:44 am

It appears that the flight departed and arrived on time, on a 787.[/url]
My last flight so far with Norwegian Longhaul, rendered me only four (4) minutes late arriving BKK (flying B787, EI-LNB). On my four flights since October, I have at most been 90 minutes delayed, so luckily no big disaster for me. If they keep their prices low, and their regularity improves even more, I will fly Norwegian Longhaul to the US too, next time I'm going.

Snacky
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:39 am

Yes, an hour and 39 minutes late. I understand L.A. Is having a major storm though. That might be a factor.
Yes, there were departure delays, but while other flights managed to catch up, the Norwegian flight didn't.
How many other flights from LAX to Europe arrived two hours late?
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...230Z/KLAX/ESSA
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Why doesnt EI-LNA show up on flightaware.com anymore?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Just got back from JFK-ARN, ARN-CPH, CPH-ARN, ARN-JFK. Nothing but good to say about Norwegian. Offered full refunds when the 787 was replaced, edible-ish food, free wine, Y class leg room that reminded me of Y+ on a domestic flight (is this the case in Y on AA/UA?), arrived on time or better...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.