Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal chage at Changi

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Terminal chage at Changi

We will be arriving with UA into Terminal 3 and departing TigerAir from Terminal 2. We will have done online checkin for the Tiger flight, with mobile boarding pass on smartphone. Can we proceed directly on the airside between terminals without passing SIN immigration. Arrival into Terminal 3 at 01:00; departing Tiger at 06:30. Last month, I did the same itinerary (separate tickets) and was forced to pass immigration in Terminal3, board a landside bus to Terminal 2 and then repass immigration at Terminal2 (into Singapore for the duration of the bus ride (about 15 mins). Apparently, the inter-terminal airside bus does not operate from 01:00 to 05:00.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm not sure but since you have no luggage and have an onward flight, I wonder why they need you to clear customs.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:04 pm

You need to purchase Tiger Connect to be able to do that.

http://www.changiairport.com/in-tran...it-information

You still have to do the document verification after you got your mobile boarding pass. If there are no Tiger counter to do that for you in the transit area, you have to clear immigration and do it outside.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by JohnJon82

You still have to do the document verification after you got your mobile boarding pass. If there are no Tiger counter to do that for you in the transit area, you have to clear immigration and do it outside.
Thanks for the info.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Tiger Connect

Originally Posted by JohnJon82

Thanks for your input. Upon checking tiger's website, it appears that Tiger Connect only applies to a transfer from one Tiger flight to another. The changi website which you so helpfully provided in fact answers my question about transfer from United (UA) to Tiger to be done at Terminal 3 transfer desk B. We will not have checked luggage and WILL have mobile boarding passes. Thanks for your input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.