Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airasia - can you have 2 boarding passes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Airasia - can you have 2 boarding passes?

Hi all,

OK - here is a tricky one!

Can you have 2 boarding passes for a flight?

I have previously made a booking for PER-SGN (fly-thru via KUL) return in economy.

I would like to make the last sector (KUL-PER) in business class.

It is not worth changing the current booking due to the fees, but can I simply make a new booking for the last sector KUL-PER in business class & then use this ticket for the last sector (and not use the economy seat on the original booking)?

Also, the last flight of our original booking is a fly-thru SGN-KUL-PER. Will my bags still go straight through to Perth even if I don't use the last KUL-PER sector but use the new business class tickets on the same flight?

I seem to recall that airlines will often remove bags off a flight if the passenger doesn't board, but in this case we will board, just with different boarding passes.

Thanks,

Gary.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Hmm, I would expect Airasia to waive the change fees if you're booking upwards into Business, right?

Also you can take a look here- http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=521 pre-flight upgrades doable on Optiontown, and at check-in, too.

Worst case scenario- if you have already booked your KUL-PER leg in Biz, you could just call AirAsia up and they'd be more than happy to cancel your other leg (as an LCC AirAsia prices by the sum of all legs, so you should be fine)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts.

I did check & unfortunately Airasia charges the fees on any change (including upgrading to business class). In fact as the change involves a fly-thru they charge double the fee.

I also looked at optiontown, but the upgrade cost is about the same as just buying a full business class ticket (and there is no guarantee with optiontown, you only find out a few hours before the flight).
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If it's the very last segment of your original ticket (don't do this for any intermediate sectors!) and if you have completely satisfied that there is no cheaper way to get yourself into business than buying a new, one-way ticket, then it should be OK.

Assuming you can check in online in advance and/or have enough time to obtain a new boarding pass for your final segment at the last transfer airport, I would just board with the business-class boarding pass, and effectively "no-show" for your original, economy-class ticket.

However - if you have luggage in transit, this would be a no-no. If you don't show up to take your final flight - in this case, meaning you don't have your economy class boarding pass scanned - then you will cause some issues (they could offload your luggage, unless they first ask onboard if you are on the plane, and you sort it out there).

If you have luggage, you really should discuss the issue with the gate agent before this flight.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
- Yes.
- Yes/ Jz needs scanning twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.