Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scoot Airlines: Stay Away !!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by aster
Not sure if there are any good deals to BNE though from any of the major carriers (and I don't think the el cheapo ones fly there at all?). Do you do this route regularly?

P.S. I know Emirates fly there nonstop from SIN which is a surprise.
At the moment don't see too much discounting on the route from the majors on the non-stops. Don't do it much at all, more MEL, but MEL/BNE/SYD seem to see the same sort of sale fares - ~$700 on QF/EK if they have a sale.

The only el cheapo flights I've seen recently are single stop via KUL on MH, around $480 mark return.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by lokijuh
The only el cheapo flights I've seen recently are single stop via KUL on MH, around $480 mark return.
Seen similar deals when looking around, so I guess Scoot holds the key to this route. I have booked with them for just under $2k for 2 adults and 2 kids combined, but if I have trouble getting similar fares I will definitely go for tix with other carriers, even if they involve connections.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:39 pm

Etihad will be stopping SIN - BNE from June next year as BNE will then be operated direct from Abu Dhabi with the B787, so there will be even less competition on the route.

Emirates flight times are too inconvenient with a midnight arrival into Brisbane and a 2.00am departure on the return leg, combined with a 10 across seating configuration in economy this is enough for me to give them a miss unless the fare is considerably cheaper than the competition.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Brisman33
Etihad will be stopping SIN - BNE from June next year as BNE will then be operated direct from Abu Dhabi with the B787, so there will be even less competition on the route.

Emirates flight times are too inconvenient with a midnight arrival into Brisbane and a 2.00am departure on the return leg, combined with a 10 across seating configuration in economy this is enough for me to give them a miss unless the fare is considerably cheaper than the competition.
Thanks for the Etihad tip - their flight schedule is absolutely great imo. ^ And their prices too.

Just thinking where to deposit any earned air miles though - any ideas?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thanks for the Etihad tip - their flight schedule is absolutely great imo. ^ And their prices too.

Just thinking where to deposit any earned air miles though - any ideas?
No clue, but their mileage accrual table isn't great. Some Discounted Y doesn't even earn mileage in their own FFP, let alone others....
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
No clue, but their mileage accrual table isn't great. Some Discounted Y doesn't even earn mileage in their own FFP, let alone others....
Seems like I've found the perfect solution: Virgin Australia's Velocity.

Even the cheapest econ fare that I checked earns 0.5 Velocity points per mile. No point getting the next highest fare (which only offers you a refund for a fee) as it's still 0.5 pts/mile.

Plus 30 status points each way for discounted economy on this route.

Best of all, Velocity allows you to not only pool all regular points into one account... but also STATUS points. ^ And since there would be four of us flying I would be 10 points shy of silver after just one return trip...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

P.S. I know Emirates fly there nonstop from SIN which is a surprise.
I'd agree with that. EK is the best airlines of the world. He will take Emirates next time. He won't be on Scoot Airlines anymore.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
I'd agree with that. EK is the best airlines of the world. He will take Emirates next time. He won't be on Scoot Airlines anymore.
Dunno about that. I don't want to fly with them personally. Their time slots for BNE are worse than budget carriers, completely unusable. Forget Emirates...

Etihad though seems to have the best time slots of all airlines on the SIN-BNE/BNE-SIN route. Are they generally ok for 1-way flight pricing or do they also get into "rip-off" mode as soon as someone is after a single ticket?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:01 am

Any ideas on how to get back from either BNE or OOL to SIN say on Nov 19 on a one-way flight without getting ripped-off on the fare?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts that merely quote another post but provide no original content have been deleted.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:17 am

I'm glad I did a search and read this thread. My travel agent wanted to book with this airline and I have never heard of it. I can't afford for flights to be cancel when I'm strict on time.

Hard Pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.