Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Receive 25% extra BA Miles when you purchase BA Miles between 24 Sept and 11 Nov

Receive 25% extra BA Miles when you purchase BA Miles between 24 Sept and 11 Nov

Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA : Virgin

Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Quebec5
Just got the same mail. Now we just need Raffles to tell us if its actually worth doing or not!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Got the email to, will await to hear peoples comments to see if it is worth buying some.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
Havent recieved the email yet (and no branding on main website) but offer is valid here in the US Exec Club as well - if anyone is interested, just go through the standard process and you will then see bonus miles options

BBF
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I for one am planning to take advantage of this offer and here are my calculations hoping they are right.

I'm planning a trip to Beijing, China and the cheapest Premium Economy ticket I can find is 550 one way, that's 1100 for return (September next year, though I'm sure there will be another sale before then so the price should get even lower.). CW is 1394 one way, 2788 return. It costs 40,000 miles to upgrade from WT+ to CW.

The maximum number of miles you can buy is 19,000, with this promotion (4,750 extra) in total = 23,750 for 319. I so far have 15,000 miles and a couple of flights to US planned for early next year to gain the extra miles so it looks like there's my leisure CW trip sorted to Beijing, saving a few money.

You could argue that it's always worth buying the miles if you wish to use them for upgrades WT+ to CW as in this case it would still be a win-win, saving over 1k if you were to use the standard CW fares. If I remember correctly, during the sale, the Beijing/ Shanghai CW fare was reduced to 1700? Well, if you were to buy the miles each year, this would put you around there.

Are my calculations right, making buying the BA miles worth it in my case?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I have just bought some, so I hope they offer a 50% bonus tomorrow!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: BA
Receive 25% extra BA Miles when you purchase BA Miles between now and 11 November 2009.

For more information visit ba.com/purchasemiles and purchase BA Miles between now and 11 November 2009 to qualify.

Members can only receive a total of 19,000 purchased BA Miles in any one year from January - December.
BA Miles can only be purchased online and in multiples of 1,000.
You can purchase BA Miles as a gift for other Executive Club members provided you know their membership number.
Recipients of purchased BA miles will be able to spend purchased BA Miles immediately.
Purchased BA Miles are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
I was a bit surprised to get the email, since I already bought 19000 earlier this year.

I was able to buy 3750 miles (but not 5000 miles) which surprised me even more.

So it looks like they have just upped the limit for everyone to 23750.
Technically we can purchase 4750 more - but I can't see any way of getting more than 3750, since the next increment takes you over the limit.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Originally Posted by the stig
Receive 25% extra BA Miles when you purchase BA Miles between now and 11 November 2009.

For more information visit ba.com/purchasemiles and purchase BA Miles between now and 11 November 2009 to qualify.

Members can only receive a total of 19,000 purchased BA Miles in any one year from January - December.
BA Miles can only be purchased online and in multiples of 1,000.
You can purchase BA Miles as a gift for other Executive Club members provided you know their membership number.
Recipients of purchased BA miles will be able to spend purchased BA Miles immediately.
Purchased BA Miles are non-refundable and non-transferable.
And what does that have to do with Tesco?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Gumbieben
And what does that have to do with Tesco?
Duly moved...
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
<deleted>
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: BD*G, VS Gold, BA Silver, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
is 23,750 worth 319?

I dont usually purchase miles....can someoen please comment if this deal is worthy of the maximum purchase?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by jmittle
I dont usually purchase miles....can someoen please comment if this deal is worthy of the maximum purchase?
No, not unless a small purchase of miles gets you to an award which you are otherwise desperate to take.

I certainly would not e.g. purchase 5x19,000x1.25 miles for my HHA just because the price has gone down a bit.

I think it is best to pessimistically reckon that a mile is "worth" no more than 1p when banked, though sometimes one can feel that one gets more worth when redeeming.

(BTW the real cynics amongst us now expect a mile devaluation on the 12th November, transatlantics going up to 62500 return in Y.)
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by redshift27
(BTW the real cynics amongst us now expect a mile devaluation on the 12th November, transatlantics going up to 62500 return in Y.)
Gulp! Can you share more info? Will there be advance notice? After all, AA and others manage to tell their customers in advance.

Makes VS's current offer of NYC in Y for 25,000 miles even more attractive.

Worth a separate thread?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by redshift27

If I was a betting man....BA have just introduced a nice new seating policy , dropped the price of miles to try and appease exec club members.

It is just a matter of time IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.