Membership card for Blue?

Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
Membership card for Blue?

I joined BAEC recently. I thought I had read that I could order a membership card once I had 250 miles. I have already rocketed to 1000 miles but cannot find an option on the website to order a card. Can someone advise. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I just did this for a family member in my HHA. There's an option somewhere called 'reorder welcome pack' - no mention is made of a card and that's what does it. Not sure what the threshold is since she had 17k miles.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
I joined BAEC recently. I thought I had read that I could order a membership card once I had 250 miles. I have already rocketed to 1000 miles but cannot find an option on the website to order a card. Can someone advise. Thanks.
Just log in to your account and select 'Manage my Account' from the list in the left hand navigation bar. You'll see a list of options in the middle of the page and fourth bullet down is 'Order Executive Club items'. Just click that and order away.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Just log in to your account and select 'Manage my Account' from the list in the left hand navigation bar. You'll see a list of options in the middle of the page and fourth bullet down is 'Order Executive Club items'. Just click that and order away.
Yes that's what I thought. But I just get this message:

'No product is available for your tier and country'
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
When I joined a couple of years ago, I'm sure I received a Blue card straight away (without flying at all with BA). Has this changed?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
When I joined a couple of years ago, I'm sure I received a Blue card straight away (without flying at all with BA). Has this changed?
Yes, I had to wait until the first miles from my Amex PP card were credited to my account before I could request the membership pack & card.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weirdfish
Yes, I had to wait until the first miles from my Amex PP card were credited to my account before I could request the membership pack & card.
Can you remember how you requested the pack & card?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:13 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
Can you remember how you requested the pack & card?
If you logon to ba.com and under the "Executive Club" section choose, Manage my account".

Then under "Your Options", select "Order Executive Club items"

There you can order a membership card.

Edit: Doh! Already posted, sorry.

Last edited by Lobengula; Sep 26, 2009 at 5:43 am Reason: Added excuse
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC
That is indeed how you order it but you know that already. I do remember it took a few days for option to request pack to appear in the drop down from when the miles first appeared on my home page.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weirdfish
That is indeed how you order it but you know that already. I do remember it took a few days for option to request pack to appear in the drop down from when the miles first appeared on my home page.
Thanks. Miles only appeared today. I will give it a few days.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Yeah, just give the system time to catch up with itself and then you'll be fine. I wasn't in a major rush for mine so I think I sent the request about a week after miles posted.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
dumb quetion: is it free? I would think it would be
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
dumb quetion: is it free? I would think it would be
Yeah, but you can only re-order the BEAC card a couple times every membership-year.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel
welcome pack
A 'welcome pack'. That sounds very grand. I seem to remember getting only a letter and a blue card when I joined the EC.

When my Dad joined aeons ago he got leather wallets and all sorts of goodies, including Blue baggage tags.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
A 'welcome pack'. That sounds very grand. I seem to remember getting only a letter and a blue card when I joined the EC.

When my Dad joined aeons ago he got leather wallets and all sorts of goodies, including Blue baggage tags.
Flying was so much better back then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.