Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free F upgrade [UK, certain Club fares}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Free F upgrade [UK, certain Club fares}

Sorry if its posted already. Just received the mail.

Once again, it's our pleasure to invite you to enjoy a
one-way upgrade to First. Not just once, but as many times as you like between now and 18 December 2009. All you need to do is book and fly an eligible Club World flight during this period.*

You also have what can only be described as an enjoyable business decision to make: whether to take your upgrade on your outbound or return journey.

usual J and C fares.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Link here: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...page_pos1_text
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by globalste
usual J and C fares.
Interestingly J2BADISC, which I posted on earlier, is not included (at least in my e-mail).
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Once again, our corporate fares make my upcoming flights ineligible for this promotion. Out of interest does anyone know what percentage of J tickets are booked in classes that are eligible for this deal?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
I think this offer is more interesting...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._Chksm=4811193

Doesn't actually say that you need to be an BAEC Italy member... AFAIK
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
last time they had a oneway upgrade to first, it was availiable only on certain of our corporate routes, when i checked with our travel agent - non of which I was flying.... so this time they will probably have swopped them around and i will miss out again lol
Old Sep 9, 2009, 4:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HighLife

"1. The above examples are for the lowest eligible return fare in Club World (longhaul business class) for two adults travelling together. Travel must originate and end in Italy."

That is interesting indeed but or UK travelers it means they have to fly to Italy first, go back to UK to reach their final destination. A bit time consuming.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold

...just needs to originate and end in Italy - not sure if they require an Italian-adress credit card. But the fares - - - -great stuff!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by awestphal
...just needs to originate and end in Italy - not sure if they require an Italian-adress credit card. But the fares - - - -great stuff!
leaving from MXP in the old ex-EUR days was done pretty frequently ... and for these fares, I would consider it...
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: Various

I tried phoning the BAEC in Italy, who said these could only be booked directly with the Italian reservations office on the 199 712266 number, and he was only able to deal with miles bookings, and couldn't transfer me. Rather unhelpfully (as far as I can fathom) this is similar to an 0800 number in that it is not reachable from abroad, hence I'm unable to check extra Ts & Cs etc. The guy at the BAEC said you needed to be an Italian resident for the fares, but he would say that.
Anyone else have any joy?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:17 am

I haven't tried phoning as I don't need any of those (admittedly very tasty) fares. Received the email because my wife's BAEC account (well, my partner silver card basically ) is registered in Italy as we have an address there.

But as I remember, the last time we booked tickets using her account to make use of a 180K free BA miles offer earlier this year I paid on my UK Amex Prem plus card using my UK billing address...
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:19 am

I'm confused (probably my simple brain) by the Italian offer.

The 'Lowest eligible all inclusive return fare for 2 adults travelling together' - i take it that this is the per person fare?

If so, it doesn't seem so special in terms of the promotions we've seen in the past six months.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Morgo
I'm confused (probably my simple brain) by the Italian offer.

The 'Lowest eligible all inclusive return fare for 2 adults travelling together' - i take it that this is the per person fare?

If so, it doesn't seem so special in terms of the promotions we've seen in the past six months.
No, I think it is pretty clear - otherwise it would say 'per person' somewhere - and it doesn't. The promotion title is:

'Buy two business class tickets for the price of one'

And ergo makes a Italy-JFK return in CE / CW - 958 Euros per person ^
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:59 am

You know the saying "If it seems too good to be true..."

I'll give them a call later this week to find out the details; a flight to GRU at only €1100 (plus additional flight to Italy) seems too good to be actually true!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:04 am

no... looking at what I've paid ex-Milan before, a CW RTN to GRU at 1100 euros is about right as part of an offer.

The last time I flew MXP-LHR-EZE was about 3 years ago and I think I paid 1500 euros for a pretty felxible CW ticket as I remember.. with an F opup thrown in on the return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.