BA Staff Discounts

Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
BA Staff Discounts

Hi, A friend has offered to book me some flights under the staff discount scheme. I have taken a look and it looks like I can get some great prices. However, I just wanted to check if the flight costs are uniform or will I get even better prices when a BA sale is in progress.

Also, if I book a WT+ flight, this is booked in class T. Can this be upgraded afterwards using miles.

Thanks to any members of staff who can help with this query.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The hotline fares that you are talking about can go up or down like the fares on BA.com, however they are more lightly to go up nearer to the date of travel.
Hotline tickets cannot be upgraded using miles.
CIHY
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you CIHY

Very much appreciated. Its for next Summer so will get it booked asap. My friend is pretty new to this. I understand there may be a limit to the number of flights they can book per year. It that the case?

Thanks again, Phil
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by TheMajor
Thank you CIHY

Very much appreciated. Its for next Summer so will get it booked asap. My friend is pretty new to this. I understand there may be a limit to the number of flights they can book per year. It that the case?

Thanks again, Phil
It's 30 bookings per year and you can have up to 9 people on 1 booking.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Useful clauses:

2.2 Hotlines cannot be used in conjunction with any BA Miles redemption programme, any other discount, discount coupon, voucher, promotion, or special offer (whether issued solely by BA or jointly with any other organisation), bonus, award or certificate.

2.3 The Hotline discount is available only on BA operated flights and BA Franchisee flights. Other airlines, Oneworld & Codeshare flights are excluded.

2.7 Tickets issued at Annual Hotline Fares are non-transferable, non-endorsable and non-refundable. Open Sectors are not permitted on any Hotline booking.

2.8 Tickets issued at Discounted Published Fares are subject to the restrictions, if any, notified at time of booking. Please read all fare rules carefully.

2.11 Discounted Published Fares may be upgraded, provided the applicable fare rules permit.

2.12 Hotlines are often highly restricted. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.

7.2 Hotlines cannot be used for business travel. Any Hotline Booker found selling Hotlines for business travel will be subject to disciplinary action that may include but not limited to being permanently banned from Hotline and Staff Travel benefits.

7.3 Any Hotline Booker found constructing and selling package deals using Hotlines will be subject to disciplinary action including being permanently banned from Hotline and Staff Travel benefits. A “package deal”, for the purposes of this clause, means combining a flight with accommodation, car hire or any other ancillary tourist service

8.2 Hotline Bookers are responsible for the behaviour of themselves, their friends and their family when travelling on Hotlines. Breaches of this condition by the individuals travelling may lead to the Hotline Booker being permanently banned from Hotline benefits.

8.3 The Hotline Booker is responsible for ensuring that all passengers travelling on Hotlines have valid passports, visas and vaccinations.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks again, really useful. For a MAN-LHR-LAS flight it is a saving of about 260 per economy return ticket.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by TheMajor
Thanks again, really useful. For a MAN-LHR-LAS flight it is a saving of about 260 per economy return ticket.
really, that's decent. Am currently trying to get a Y LAS ticket for a friend - can't get anything under the BA/VS 521 price. Need to check the address book to see if I know any BA staff.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Similarly I have a fried who has offered to make Hotline bookings for me, particularly for my flights to Brazil. The flights earn full TPs and miles for the cabin booked?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
The flights earn full TPs and miles for the cabin booked?
Originally Posted by Lucifer UK
Hotlines cannot be used in conjunction with any BA Miles redemption programme, any other discount, discount coupon, voucher, promotion, or special offer (whether issued solely by BA or jointly with any other organisation), bonus, award or certificate.
Looking at Lucifer UK's post three above yours, it would seem that the answer is No.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
The answer is yes.

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Similarly I have a fried who has offered to make Hotline bookings for me, particularly for my flights to Brazil. The flights earn full TPs and miles for the cabin booked?
The answer is yes. I use Hotlines myself and always get the full TPs and Miles for the cabin travelled in.

Cheers,
Steve
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Roger
Looking at Lucifer UK's post three above yours, it would seem that the answer is No.
Wrong, Hotlines do earn TPs and miles but only if booked into a class that earns those normally.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Hi All

It seems the Miles/TP issue was previously dicussed on the below thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...alify-tps.html

After a bit of debate, I think the outcome is yes.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
If the booking is make in the appropriate class and fare bucket, then yes, they do earn TP's... much to my delight.

You can ask your friend to check if they do, by clicking on the flight number during the booking process, which will tell him/her which booking class it is being sold in, then look at the eligible TP/Miles earning buckets/class' on BAEC web site.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
A reason that many staff have not offered in the past to book hotlines for people they may know is that, until a day or two ago, the staff member would have to pay out the money for the booking and then get the money back. It has now just changed, that UK based staff can now make a booking using the passengers credit card, with permission obviously, hence doing away with the need to be transferring money or owing people etc...

Regards,
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: BA gold
Thats superb BBB - going to nag my rellies now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.