Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Seat and flight availability

MASTER THREAD: Seat and flight availability

Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you are looking for award availability there doesn't seem to be anything at all for the month of January. I guess it is peak season.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Rickers
7 showing in F
Thanks rickers, where did you find the info, so that maybe I can watch for myself how seats are fairing up^
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
For an occasional search try www.seatcounter.com

You want to look for the numbers under F (full price First) and A (discount First). If you're looking for the cheaper fares they most likely book into A class so 5 is the relevant number for now.

(To be certain of A/F repeat the search on matrix.itasoftware.com and look at the first letter of the fare code.)
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Question What's going on with F to EZE?

Hi all,

I'd been keeping my eye on F award availability at the end of September/early October. Given what appeared to be light loads in F, according to SeatCounter, and availability popping up for the start of the month, I had been pretty hopeful...

However, as of yesterday, all revenue availability for Thursday 1 October to Monday 5 October disappeared overnight, which doesn't seem typical for the route.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is there some high-roller event in Buenos Aires or is it a bit a bit of revenue management trickery? BA.com is still happy to sell a lot of Y...

Hence, I'd be v. grateful if someone could check whether the F seats on, say 30/09 and 01/10, are actually assigned?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:58 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by SFU? NFW!
Hence, I'd be v. grateful if someone could check whether the F seats on, say 30/09 and 01/10, are actually assigned?
There you go:

[KVS Availability Tool 5.1.0/Diamond - Amadeus Seat Map: 30 Sep 2009/BA 247/LHR-EZE/744/F]
Code:
       A    |   E   F    |   K       
 1     -                     -       
 2     -                     -       
 3     -                     -       
 4     -        +   +        +       
 5     -        +   +        +       

[+] Available   [-] Unavailable    [E] Exit Row   
[W] Wing        [L] Lavatory       [U] Upper Deck
[KVS Availability Tool 5.1.0/Diamond - Amadeus Seat Map: 01 Oct 2009/BA 247/LHR-EZE/744/F]
Code:
       A    |   E   F    |   K       
 1     -                     -       
 2     -                     -       
 3     -                     -       
 4     -        -   -        +       
 5     -        -   +        -       

[+] Available   [-] Unavailable    [E] Exit Row   
[W] Wing        [L] Lavatory       [U] Upper Deck
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I'd say a busy F cabin with overbooking of J planned requiring 2-54 op-ups/
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks!

Very interesting - many thanks KVS and Swanhunter.

Mrs. SFU? NFW! and I are currently booked in J for 30/09 but, given the 16 hours and 5 minutes journey time, were hoping to MFU... While we're both GCHs, I doubt the op-up fairies will smile on us given my rapidly declining CIV on what I expect is a v.GCH-heavy route!

It's almost a shame that BA will "give" the seat away when they could have reduced their mileage liability... However, I doubt the lucky recipient will think as such! Plus, the last thing I'd want on BA is a space-available upgrade scrum, as per our American chums...
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
How full is BA0285 LHR -> SFO? [on Saturday 19th September]

I've just checked in for BA0285 tomorrow and W was completely full, can anyone check if Y is full as well? I've got a feeling the flight is going to be completely mobbed.

Expert flyer doesn't seem to be showing any seats available so I was wondering if it doesn't get up to date information when its < 24 hours.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
This flight is completely full with many staff on standby.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:08 am

Thanks for checking, I'll bring my isolating headphones and pray I'm not next to some children
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Scott Mac
Expert flyer doesn't seem to be showing any seats available so I was wondering if it doesn't get up to date information when its < 24 hours.
Scott sometimes expert flyer dips out in advance of T-24 ...certainly not available after T-24.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by hammythehammer
Scott sometimes expert flyer dips out in advance of T-24 ...certainly not available after T-24.
That's good to know, luckily we have the BA staff here to check
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA212

Hi Everyone....

This is my first post am so excited Am traveling with the wifey in CW on BA 212 (BOS-LJR) on 23rd Oct then on BA142 (LHR-DEL) and was trying to see how the loads were looking, what are my chances of getting the Upper deck?

Also my first trip to LHR T5, is there any arrivals lounge to make use of?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I don't have much useful thing to say, except that there is indeed an Arrivals Lounge at T5 that is open until 2pm.

P.S. Welcome to FT and in particular to the BAEC section.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BAboy
Hi Everyone....

This is my first post am so excited Am traveling with the wifey in CW on BA 212 (BOS-LJR) on 23rd Oct then on BA142 (LHR-DEL) and was trying to see how the loads were looking, what are my chances of getting the Upper deck?

Also my first trip to LHR T5, is there any arrivals lounge to make use of?
Welcome to FT, BAboy.

I would suggest that your flights are still over a month away, so it is likely that the loads will increase over time and the UD will usually fill up quite quickly. That said, you may of course be lucky, so be ready at T-24 for OLCI.

Have a look in your booking (at the airport) as this will give you some details. BA.com also provide details regarding the three departure and one arrivals lounge that is available for Club World passengers. There are Club lounges at either end of the terminal (North and South) as well as in the satellite for thos travelling on flights that depart from their. If you see that your flight is leaving from gate with B at the start, then you can use this lounge as well.

I would also suggest that you look at the sticky at the top as there is a section regarding travelling in Club World, which may be useful for you.

Hope you enjoy your flights!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.