Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 282 APR06 LAX-LHR Diversion to Goose Bay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP

Hey guys,

I am just curious...

Does anyone know why BA 282 has been diverted (on April 6)?
I am due to take this flight in about 2 weeks

Thanks,

Lukas
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:48 am

There is nothing regarding this on avherald (which covers any known incident relating to airliners) so my guess is nothing overly serious.

The reason for the diversion is likely to be either a medical emergency, unruly PAX or a technical issue.

I would not worry about your flight in two weeks. That's a bit naive
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:56 am

A mate stated that the diversion was due to a medical emergency.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
"How much compensation can I claim for a diversion for a Medical Emergency and should I claim it from the Airline or the person who had the Medical Emergency?" ... I am waiting for it...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
"How much compensation can I claim for a diversion for a Medical Emergency and should I claim it from the Airline or the person who had the Medical Emergency?" ... I am waiting for it...
I would hope that any such claim for that sort of compensation would be meet with the contempt that it deserves. I have had the unfortunate experience of having a medical emergency diversion with a relative coming back from Cyprus. It's not a nice experience and put my stress and anxiety levels through the roof. However, the airline and crew were fantastic and extremely professional.

The sort of money grabbing behaviour seen so prominently in todays society is depressing.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:44 am

blimey BBB. Already 900+ posts.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Petrus
With his average post count per day at 7.73, one would get the impression that he doesn't have anything else to do once he finishes flying. However, we know better. He has to find the prems on his next flights so that he can throw himself at them
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
Whoops... *blush*
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird182
With his average post count per day at 7.73, one would get the impression that he doesn't have anything else to do once he finishes flying. However, we know better. He has to find the prems on his next flights so that he can throw himself at them
Well, I do have to aim higher than your lowly Blue...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Well, I do have to aim higher than your lowly Blue...
There's nothing wrong with my blue. I just don't go for all that "bling wot gets me fings!"
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's nothing wrong with my blue. I just don't go for all that "bling wot gets me fings!"
Oh... indeed... I totally agree... Silver and Gold... no... But Black, certainly I do not class as "Bling"... a lot more classic...

ANYWAY... Back to topic...

Hope if it were a Medical Diversion, that the person is recovering well.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Exec club, BMI diamond club,Virgin flying club,SPG,Hilton hhonors
I have had the unfortunate experience of having a medical emergency diversion with a relative coming back from Cyprus. It's not a nice experience and put my stress and anxiety levels through the roof. However, the airline and crew were fantastic and extremely professional.
I remember being on a flight from Capetown where a passenger had a suspected heart attack and also agree that the Crew were fantastic in their response to the situation. The passenger received medical attention really quickly both from the crew and then after the call out for a doctor. The aircraft was diverted to Lagos and the passenger had recovered enough to be able to walk off the aircraft waving to all the other passengers rather like a celebrity followed by his rather concerned wife how didn't seem to want to get off in Nigeria to seek additional medical attention he required. The flight and Cabin crew then worked swiftly to get the aircraft in a position to resume the flight and avoid a night stop in Lagos. Which I can say all passengers were very grateful for. Considering some of the comments that have been seen on post on other threads on other sites about possible CC industrial action due to changes terms and conditions its examples like this where you really see where quality trained crew show true their worth ,over and above the day to day service they provide!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by southernscot
I remember being on a flight from Capetown where a passenger had a suspected heart attack and also agree that the Crew were fantastic in their response to the situation. The passenger received medical attention really quickly both from the crew and then after the call out for a doctor. The aircraft was diverted to Lagos and the passenger had recovered enough to be able to walk off the aircraft waving to all the other passengers rather like a celebrity followed by his rather concerned wife how didn't seem to want to get off in Nigeria to seek additional medical attention he required. The flight and Cabin crew then worked swiftly to get the aircraft in a position to resume the flight and avoid a night stop in Lagos. Which I can say all passengers were very grateful for. Considering some of the comments that have been seen on post on other threads on other sites about possible CC industrial action due to changes terms and conditions its examples like this where you really see where quality trained crew show true their worth ,over and above the day to day service they provide!
Jeez, I think I would have risked the extra hours home rather than stop in Lagos!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Exec club, BMI diamond club,Virgin flying club,SPG,Hilton hhonors
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Jeez, I think I would have risked the extra hours home rather than stop in Lagos!
Same here. Not too sure how much say he had in the decision as once we were down he was off the plane as quick as you like and we were on our way.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am surprised to hear that a diversion went into Lagos...

Was it a BA flight?

When we contact MedLink, they have a list of countries that have an acceptable level of medical care that can be provided and I would be shocked to hear that Nigeria is on that list.

But, you never know, I could be totally wrong with my impression of Nigerian medical care...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.