Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ENTP
What is considered a decent ex-UK sale for West Coast US / Latin America / Asia...what are we hoping for?
This is a good source for previous sale fares http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/fl...014/#more-3707

Clearly BA have yet to load a lot of transatlantic fares, eg JFK should come in around £780 rtn in W, currently showing in excess of £1000.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
What is considered a decent ex-UK sale for West Coast US / Latin America / Asia...what are we hoping for?
given I pay > 6k in J LHR - SFO and I can get same route in F for 3,200 in the sale
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Good morning all.

Does anyone know if the dust has settled on WTP flights towards NRT/HND, or if there are still a few fares left to load up?

Thanks a bunch!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:20 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by pilki42
Good morning all.

Does anyone know if the dust has settled on WTP flights towards NRT/HND, or if there are still a few fares left to load up?

Thanks a bunch!
No sales fare to TYO appears to be loaded, it may or may not be in the coming days.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by nux
No sales fare to TYO appears to be loaded, it may or may not be in the coming days.
Thanks, nux! ^

The fare-watching on ba.com continues...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Which route/continent please?
1. LHR - KUL in WTP.

2. Ex-DUB to LAS, returning from LAX, again in WTP.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by pilki42
Thanks, nux! ^

The fare-watching on ba.com continues...
If the sale date (assuming there is one) is Friday 19th it might feel like a long week for you!!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
If the sale date (assuming there is one) is Friday 19th it might feel like a long week for you!!
I've been keeping an eye out for a good while, so an extra few days shouldn't be too much of a hassle!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It seems Expedia (UK) are getting in on the sale action as well. An email popped into my account this morning offering 50% discount on all flights. The reality rarely lives up to the billing and Expedia's price is nowhere near 50% off BA's price, but my April itinerary to PHX is nonetheless being offered by Expedia for £881 less than BA's current "sale" price. I'm tempted but wonder whether I'll be able to choose seats via MMB (an important factor for a >10 hour trip in WT). A forum search reveals some success in this but also some difficulties. Any words of wisdom from folk who have used Expedia would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nqyflyer
It seems Expedia (UK) are getting in on the sale action as well. An email popped into my account this morning offering 50% discount on all flights. The reality rarely lives up to the billing and Expedia's price is nowhere near 50% off BA's price, but my April itinerary to PHX is nonetheless being offered by Expedia for £881 less than BA's current "sale" price. I'm tempted but wonder whether I'll be able to choose seats via MMB (an important factor for a >10 hour trip in WT). A forum search reveals some success in this but also some difficulties. Any words of wisdom from folk who have used Expedia would be much appreciated.
Yes, once your reservation is created you can pick seats in MMB according to your status as usual. You may have to manually add the reservation to MMB using the PNR reference they give you.

The only difference to a ba.com reservation is because BA don't own the PNR they cannot make changes to your flights until it falls under aircraft control.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Thank you BA

Last week I was all ready to hit the "buy button" on two tickets in F to NBO for next August. For a couple of reasons I didn't get around to it, today I got the tickets for £1650 less! ^.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Last week I was all ready to hit the "buy button" on two tickets in F to NBO for next August. For a couple of reasons I didn't get around to it, today I got the tickets for £1650 less! ^.
Congratulations! ^ smart move
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Hmm, long weekend at Easter in LAS in CW for £844. Very tempting...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by sjc2679
Where?!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sjc2679
How are you getting that figure? exUK LAS seems to be ~£1100 in WTP with the option of UuA to CW subject to reward avaiability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.