Lounge in Turin (TRN)

Subscribe
Anybody with information about the lounge in Turin, Italy? Only information on ba.com is "3rd party lounge"... What kinds of services is available in TRN lounge when travelling Club Europe?
It's landside and pretty tiny. To the far left of the terminal from where you enter it IIRC. Had the usual basic lounge offerings - some snacks like nuts/crisps, some sweet stuff and some beers. There was wine and some sparkling (not Champagne) offering too.

All that said, I was last there in 2007 I think.
It's dreadful. A shoe box sized lounge with warm cans of coke and some salted snacks.
Since TRN is a pleasantly small airport, there's really no need to get there more than 1:15 before the flight if in Club.
Post security has hardly any shops, but huge windows overlooking the single runway. I would dodge the lounge all together, buy a (fairly decent) cup of coffee from the small cafe place airside and grab a window seat to wait it out. If you're there more than 35 minutes or so before your flight time, you'll see the BA flight land.
Quote: There was wine and some sparkling (not Champagne) offering too.
Agree with the advice above. That said, if travelling on a Saturday in ski season the airport does get busy with charters, making the lounge option a little more attractive.

And I wouuld imagine the lounge staff would get a lot of flak if they stocked any sparkling wone other than Asti (which is produced just up the road)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asti_Spumante
Looking at MMB for a TRN booking, it seems to infer the lounge is airside:

Quote: EAS Lounge
Location:Airside, after Security in the Departures Lounge, on 2nd Floor. (Lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions).
Duff info or new lounge? The airport map seems to show an Alitalia and Air One Lounge airside, and a VIP lounge landside.
Bump... any answers for Shuttle-Bored's question regarding the "mismatch" between BA MMB Turin lounge information vs airport map information?
The Air One lounge is used, airside up stairs neat Gate 10. Small, overly styled with a basic snack selection, beers and prosecco on offer. Gets quite busy as Air One, LH and BA all use it.
I meant to bump and reply to this myself but forgot, nice one Swanhunter. As you say, all airside now - though on the Saturday I was there it was very quiet.

A word to the wise - careful with the Prosecco, it's basically a lethal weapon. I opened one and before I knew it the cork flew out at speed, nearly hit someone and bounced off 3 walls before ending up down on the floor below outside the lounge near the gate

Far from the worst 3rd party lounge I've used to be fair, but no Galleries. Note there's no free WiFi.
No free WiFi... but is it WiFi available for a fee maybe?

How is the view towards the aircrafts and the runway from the lounge? Any nice locations to take pictures of landing/departing airplanes?

Thanks for the warning reg. the Prosecco
There on first May bank holiday Monday and it was empty.

Snacks included sandwiches and filled croissants, which weren't too bad.

Didn't ask about wifi, but there were no signs evident for it.

As to view: large windows looking on to runway with views of gates around it, but it is at one end of the airport and apart from when it lands, you won't see the BA flight at its gate - other end of airport.
There was WiFi but paid, yes. Annoyingly it didn't have a full set of roaming partners either as I have a BT Openzone account which normally works.

You can see some of the runway from one corner of the lounge so you can see your BA plane come in. The windows are angled so you're a bit set away from the glass. If you're after taking pictures, the gate area would be bigger/better.
jcnorway - thanks for the timely bump - off on Saturday

G-BOAC - does TRN mix arriving and departing pax? And can one OLCI for TRN? Those of us doing a turnaround and not partaking in the delights of lunch in Turin would love to know!
Not mixed that I recall, no. But very easy to navigate, it's not big. Yes you'll find you can OLCI for both flights at once on Friday. The stupid SSCI machine didn't give me my return BP but the nice, non-stupid SS lady at the Flounge did when I asked. Easy
Quote: jcnorway - thanks for the timely bump - off on Saturday
I'm off to TRN on Saturday as well on BA2578. Connecting from LHR to LGW. I'm however staying one night in Turin before heading back to OSL on Sunday
update on TRN lounges
I'm not a BA flyer, but this thread came up when I searched Turin lounges, so I thought I'd update it. Evidently, TRN only has one lounge airside, the one I am in as I post. It's called the "Welcome Lounge." It seems to be only for passengers on AZ, BA, and LH. I asked the agent at the desk if alliance members were allowed in. She no, only passengers on the above airlines and that they must get pass at checkin.

This one is nothing special, in fact it makes me feel better about the state of lounges in the US. Very little food: stale sandwiches and croissants, bags of chips, soft drinks, beer, bad white wine, spumanti, and a few bottles of cheap liquor. The best offering seems to be Courvoisier VS. Seating is very limited, but It's not crowded on this Saturday afternoon. There are four chairs facing the tarmac, three sofas with their backs to the window, and a few other randomly placed chairs. As has been mentioned, the terminal is such a nice one that I would probably forego this lounge except for the wifi, for which I had to pay .50 E. Restrooms are outside of the lounge.

There is also an AZ Salon VIP which is small, but quite nice--not much more in the food and drink departments than the one I am in, but it's very stylishly decorated. It also has restrooms in the lounge. All of the SkyTeam airlines' logos are on the door, but I don't know what credentials you need to get in. It probably depends a lot on who is at the desk. I have been in as an AF J passenger three times, and each time the attendant has looked at my boarding pass, heaved a heavy sigh while rolling eyes, and waved me in. Its biggest drawback is that it is landside. There is a "priority" security check next to it seemingly only for the lounge passengers, but the last time I was there, several families who were not experienced travelers were in the line and I almost missed my flight.

There is a lounge which Priority Pass uses landside near the checkin desks. I haven't seen it, but have heard it's pretty dreary.