Mobile BP at LCY

Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, M&M SEN, EK Gold
Mobile BP at LCY

I have searched the forum for this, and it seems that other people have been able to use the BA app and mobile boarding pass at LCY before, but not on the JFK flights.

So on my flight today from ZRH-LCY-IOM I checked in and had the BP sent to the app on my IPad. This worked fine at Zurich, although the gate staff looked a bit confused at putting an iPad under the scanner! But at LCY I was told I was not allowed to use it, and I had to go back to the desk and get a 'real' boarding pass, but nobody could say why - just LCY security

If it is true, then shouldn't the BA app not allow mobile boarding passes for LCY? Or did I just get grumpy staff? Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Manx Flyer
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
Originally Posted by Manx Flyer
I have searched the forum for this, and it seems that other people have been able to use the BA app and mobile boarding pass at LCY before, but not on the JFK flights.

So on my flight today from ZRH-LCY-IOM I checked in and had the BP sent to the app on my IPad. This worked fine at Zurich, although the gate staff looked a bit confused at putting an iPad under the scanner! But at LCY I was told I was not allowed to use it, and I had to go back to the desk and get a 'real' boarding pass, but nobody could say why - just LCY security

If it is true, then shouldn't the BA app not allow mobile boarding passes for LCY? Or did I just get grumpy staff? Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Manx Flyer
It's not just LCY. I've had a tablet refused at LGW.
I was told there was a UK government or pseudo-government rule which limited mobile boarding passes to phones.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by traveller42
It's not just LCY. I've had a tablet refused at LGW.
I've had a tablet BP refused at LHR (got as far as the gate before they decided it wasn't allowed!) ... but at least they printed a paper BP there and then ... and didn't send me back to check-in

I was told there was a UK government or pseudo-government rule which limited mobile boarding passes to phones.
I can think of some choice responses to this, but given there may be 12 year-olds in the nearest exit row, I will hold my tongue....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.