Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at Charles de Gaulle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Smile Lounges at Charles de Gaulle

Hi - Does anyone know if the British Airways vip lounge at CDG Terminal 1 is before or after security check in? I have someone arriving CDG with a 5 hr lay over till next flight from Terminal 2. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
You're more likely to get an answer on the BA forum. Hopefully a moderator will be along to move this thread over there.

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk ,

The BA lounge is located in Terminal 2B, not in Terminal 1. It is located after passport control and before security check.

As mentioned by tom911, this thread belongs in the BA Executive Club forum, where I am now moving it. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
CDG 2A?

I am flying to CDG next month and received a call, which I picked up from my voicemail, advising me that my flights will be in and out of 2A?

Is anyone else aware of this change and what the lounge facilities are like in 2A?

Hopefully they will be an improvement on the current facilities!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

Is anyone else aware of this change and what the lounge facilities are like in 2A?
I'm aware of this change, but I don't know about the lounge facilities - I would like to know too. Cathay flies out of 2A I think - do they have a lounge there?

P.S. Found a page on Cathay's website: http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...s?cityCode=PAR
It looks like they do have a lounge but with fairly limited opening hours. I assume OWE/OWS can use it while flying BA?

It couldn't possibly be worse than the current offering (the lounge that serves almost nothing savoury), could it?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I used the CX lounge at CDG once a year or two ago when I was flying AA from a nearby gate. Unlike the CX staff at LHR T3, which have always been extremely gracious (I haven't been there since the BA move to T3, though), the desk dragon was quite fierce and tried hard to send me off to the AA lounge. When I resisted, citing 1W policy, she grudgingly let me in. It was shortly before the CX flight's departure, and I remember the lounge as being rather cramped and definitely crowded. Once the crowds dispersed for their flight, I was told the lounge was closing and was evicted.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much. What would you suggest one do when they are arriving CDG on BA then departing 5 hours later on Air Seychelles? There is no baggage agreement between airlines. What does he do with his bags?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by sgilbert
Thanks so much. What would you suggest one do when they are arriving CDG on BA then departing 5 hours later on Air Seychelles? There is no baggage agreement between airlines. What does he do with his bags?
If he can't get his baggage checked all the way through, I guess he'd need to pick them up and check them in again, as soon as the check-in opens for his next flight so that he can at least get rid of them then.

For the in-between time, there are coffee shops where he can sit at landside at Terminal 2 - and a McDonalds, from memory. Not much there landside overall, though.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
I was in the CDG lounge the other day. It is quite shocking. Only crackers and crisps for food (no cheese or butter I could find). Drinks were all soft, except 1 bottle of Martini, and 1 Vodka. In fact these 2 bottles looked quite ridiculous on their own on an entire shelf that would have been filled with other bottles in any other lounge. There was no wine at all for instance. Oh sorry, there was a coffee machine. Rubbish.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BA_Pax
Rubbish
Agreed. The Air France Lounge in CDG 2B which BA use has all the ambience of a dilapidated shed.

Particularly when it's dark outside, the lounge is so gloomy it's ridiculous. I don't think they've heard of ambient lighting.

Food is pretty dire (actually, more like non-existent).

The apple juice was nice though. They had plenty of that.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
The Air France Lounge in CDG 2B which BA use has all the ambience of a dilapidated shed.
It's bad enough to make you long for AMS lounge with all the Cup-a-soups!

The only reason why I go to CDG 2B lounge is to sit and read the newspaper/magazine.

They used to have madeleines (not freshly baked - stuff in packets, but they were at least 'there') but they appear to have even scrapped that, and all they have are dry, boring biscuits and packets of crisps and no savoury food (crisps don't count as 'food').
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:30 pm
JSC

I'm pleased to report the madelines were back today (lemon flavour) but there were no crisps of any kind.Drinks in the fridge were poor as usual - evian, diet coke, apple juice, that's about it. It's so dire that I only go up there to pick up a paper before running the gauntlet that is the security scan.... is there any other major airport where this step is so painful or do they just not like BA? 2B is just terrible, I hope 2A is not any worse.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Exclamation BA HAS now moved to CDG 2A

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I am flying to CDG next month and received a call, which I picked up from my voicemail, advising me that my flights will be in and out of 2A?

Hopefully they will be an improvement on the current facilities!
BA is now in CDG2A, check_in area at the Western end, in a move that groups it with CX and AA under one roof. That is good news. What follows is not:

They have 2 gates sort of assigned, 48 and 49, which are in the EASTERN part of the terminal. Lots of stairs if you make the move airside, none if you go groundside before immigration (the UK is not in the Shengen group of EU countries). What is completely ridiculous is the lounge situation. They now share it with AA, whose Admirals Club is in the FAR WESTERN part of the terminal. This is usually OK for OW Emerald members as we can use any OW lounge, and CX's is right across BA's gates (though not open at all times), but for those who are not, be prepared to walk (a lot) and climb /go down a fair share of stairs. Seniors and mothers with small kids and prams, beware.This ridiculous game has been going on for me for years as CX and AA planes are very often stationed in front of the other airline's lounge, something to do with the fact that CX 747s are adapted to the gates known as the "satellite" and AA 767s are the largest planes that can fit into gate 45.

Some good news for the BA pax with the time and the energy to use the new louge: It is nice; well stocked although short range pax may end up in a cordoned off area, and the staff is, at least now, far more pleasant than the old AF lounge harpies (and I am not too sure where to place the word "old").

By the way, since AF has now completely left 2B, what will become of THAT lounge is anybody's guess.

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Mar 16, 2009 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
By the way, since AF has now completely left 2B, what will become of THAT lounge is anybody's guess.
It's been that way ever since AF left 2B. But there are still airlines operating out of 2B for whom AF provides ground services or who are partners of AF'S FFP. So, the staff working for AF, at least until my last flight on BA out of CDG, was working for AF's partners. Anyway, according to ADP, 2B is scheduled for renovation soon.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
BA is now in CDG2A, check_in area at the Western end, in a move that groups it with CX and AA under one roof. That is good news. What follows is not:

They have 2 gates sort of assigned, 48 and 49, which are in the EASTERN part of the terminal. Lots of stairs if you make the move airside, none if you go groundside before immigration (the UK is not in the Shengen group of EU countries). What is completely ridiculous is the lounge situation. They now share it with AA, whose Admirals Club is in the FAR WESTERN part of the terminal. This is usually OK for OW Emerald members as we can use any OW lounge, and CX's is right across BA's gates (though not open at all times), but for those who are not, be prepared to walk (a lot) and climb /go down a fair share of stairs. Seniors and mothers with small kids and prams, beware.This ridiculous game has been going on for me for years as CX and AA planes are very often stationed in front of the other airline's lounge, something to do with the fact that CX 747s are adapted to the gates known as the "satellite" and AA 767s are the largest planes that can fit into gate 45.

Some good news for the BA pax with the time and the energy to use the new louge: It is nice; well stocked although short range pax may end up in a cordoned off area, and the staff is, at least now, far more pleasant than the old AF lounge harpies (and I am not too sure where to place the word "old").

Agree. After struggling up the stairs with your carry-ons, you have to fight yor way through a cafeteria, filled with pax who could care less than let you pass, and struggle down another flight of stairs on the other side, before a medium long walk to the lounge. At that time you definitely need a lounge to relax in.

CDG has a beautiful architecture (on the outside), but on the dysfunctional inside one feels like Mr Hulot in the French movie "Trafic".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.