Can you buy BA Lounge Access?

Subscribe
When travelling on vacation we fly First (Amex 2-4-1), however, I am going on a business trip on Saturday and I am flying ecomony, I have a few hours to kill at T5 can I buy lounge access for me and my work colleague?

Thanks everyone for a great website
Hi chipsodg,

Sorry, BA lounges do not sell lounge access.

Without BA or OW status, you will unfortunatelynot be able to get BA lounge access at T5.

Regards

TBS
Quote: When travelling on vacation we fly First (Amex 2-4-1), however, I am going on a business trip on Saturday and I am flying ecomony, I have a few hours to kill at T5 can I buy lounge access for me and my work colleague?

BA do not sell Lounge Access...what is your Oneworld Status?
The only way to buy access to BA lounges is to purchase Qantas Club.

More details can be found here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/qantasClub/index

You can join using the following link:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/d...=setFormValues

In a nutshell, QF Club gives access to AA, BA and QF lounges when flying AA, BA and QF.
There could be a really really really long answer to ths one... But t keep it simple... No.

(Apart from info above...!)
Quote: When travelling on vacation we fly First (Amex 2-4-1), however, I am going on a business trip on Saturday and I am flying ecomony, I have a few hours to kill at T5 can I buy lounge access for me and my work colleague?

No, sorry you can't buy access from BA.
Quote: No, sorry you can't buy access.
Yes - there is a way, as discussed in my post above.
You cannot buy BA lounge access from BA.
You can buy BA lounge access (indirectly) from QF. It is not a one-off access but annual access and is therefore not that cheap.

Yes, it does not make any sense, commercial or logical but with the logic of the flying industry this is precisely why we need FT.
Quote: The only way to buy access to BA lounges is to purchase Qantas Club.

In a nutshell, QF Club gives access to AA, BA and QF lounges when flying AA, BA and QF.
thank you - I didn't know this

Unfortunately my company will not pay this, with the £/$ I am going to go over my original budget, Marketing/Accounts will be asking loads of questions!

thanks for your replies
[U[/U]
Quote: The only way to buy access to BA lounges is to purchase Qantas Club.

So do I take it by purchasing this you automatically become the equivalent of a oneworld Sapphire member which is the lowest level to allow entry to the BA lounges

I was speaking to someone in the lounge the other day and they said they often have to turn people away with QF membership as they don't qualify under the OW Sapphire or Emerald. I just wondered if the two were linked.

Quote: Yes - there is a way, as discussed in my post above.
Perhaps but it won't allow you to click on the link to show you if are a Sapphire or Emerald member.

Further on the list it says you can only use lounge access on shared QF/BA, QF/AA or similar lounges. That's why I asked the question above.
chipsodg - if you get to T5 early then you can always enjoy one of the restaurants there and enjoy a leisurely meal. Giraffe, Plane Food, Wagamama and the pub near the domestic gates all have areas where you can sit and enjoy a meal a little bit away from the crowd.
There are private lounges in some terminal where you buy access on a one-off basis. Servisair has them at LHR but not T5 (I'm nearly sure) but someone else may have them. Cost about £15-20 but I do not know what they are like.
Quote: There are private lounges in some terminal where you buy access on a one-off basis. Servisair has them at LHR but not T5 (I'm nearly sure) but someone else may have them. Cost about £15-20 but I do not know what they are like.
There are definitely no lounges in T5 except the BA ones, and as many others have said you cannot buy Lounge access from BA, you have to have earnt status.
Quote: So do I take it by purchasing this you automatically become the equivalent of a oneworld Sapphire member which is the lowest level to allow entry to the BA lounges

I was speaking to someone in the lounge the other day and they said they often have to turn people away with QF membership as they don't qualify under the OW Sapphire or Emerald. I just wondered if the two were linked.
I thought you become Oneworld Ruby, but given that none of the documents I have support that idea, I would have to say that you don't get any status. However, I used to use the card which allowed me to use zone R (Club Europe/World check in desks) at Heathrow T1 - it was very useful indeed with all those Economy flights!

You certainly used to be able to access BA lounges with one guest in the past, and I never once had a a problem (apart from in Singapore, when eventually they capitulated and let me in!).

The Qantas site says the following: -

Quote:
Access to Partner airline lounges

In addition to Qantas Club lounges, you can relax in British Airways lounges* (Terraces and Executive Club lounges) and American Airlines® Admirals Club lounges.

To access a partner airline lounge, simply present your Qantas Club card or Platinum or Gold Frequent Flyer card at check-in and again with your boarding pass at the lounge reception. You may also invite a guest. Note: both you and your guest must be travelling together and have onward travel that day on a flight marketed and operated by the partner airline whose lounge you wish to visit.**

* View Qantas Club News for latest updates to British Airways Lounges in London Heathrow.

** Marketed and operated means a flight operated by the same airline whose flight number appears on your ticket. Includes American Airlines® or British Airways operated flights with a 'QF' flight number on your ticket.
Quote: You become Oneworld Ruby, which BA does not have a matching status for. I used to use the status which allowed me to use zone R at Heathrow T1 - it was very useful indeed with all those Economy flights!

You certainly used to be able to access BA lounges with one guest in the past, and I never once had a a problem (apart from in Singapore, when eventually they capitulated and let me in!).

The Qantas site says the following: -
Qantas Club does not confer Ruby benefits officially, although posts from adrianjc32 indicate that QC seems to appear in the BA system as a Ruby member.

Quote: o do I take it by purchasing this you automatically become the equivalent of a oneworld Sapphire member which is the lowest level to allow entry to the BA lounges

Qantas Club is a paid lounge membership which technically confers NO OneWorld benefits. All it does is provide lounge access when flying QF, BA & AA in the relevant lounge. Nothing more and nothing less. BA staff should not be turning away QC members from T5 Business/Club lounges as they are definitely entitled to access them under the terms of the membership.

QC does however provide members travelling on QF with priority baggage benefits, although this is a QF only benefit.

If you want further details, I strongly urge you to visit the QF site. There is a lot of very good information there including a very good guide about lounge access. Well worth a few minutes to read.