747 Club kitchen

Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just to clarify where the club kitchen is and how things are served.
On the 747 it is at door 2 left only and there should be no food on display on the upper deck.
I know some crew think that they are being proactive and leave a fruit basket and sometime some chocolates but this is not correct and is causing confusion
If a passenger wants something to eat they should come to the kitchen and find everything in one place.
The only food to be offered proactively to each passenger is ice cream on flights where they are loaded.
However if when patrolling with drinks and asking a passenger if they need anything and the passenger says they are hungry and not get something for themselves the crew member can get something on there behalf.
It seems that because some crew have been going around with snacks that other crew are being seen as lazy, this is no true the club kitchen is there for you to help yourself.
CIHY

however what is the situation re: the Hot food offering. It is never stored in the fridge in the Club Kitchen and most crews are not aware of its existence until frantically scambling around the galley for the hot food.

Is there a set menu and does it differ from outport?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Lobengula
There are also reports that the kitchen may be raided by wt+ on the mid-J. This because of the close proximity
I've heard that they now turn to the buffet in First instead.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
however what is the situation re: the Hot food offering. It is never stored in the fridge in the Club Kitchen and most crews are not aware of its existence until frantically scambling around the galley for the hot food.
Deleted: My comment didn't make sense, sorry.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA1A
Am confused as you answered your own question in post #6
yes I said that in Post 6. however if these meals are not in the fridge and the crew are nto suppose to actively offer it to pax, how will they know they exist? They are not written in the menu card.

I am interested from the crew as to the official guidelines in dealing with the hot food.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The hot food pots should be in the fridge along with the salads, fruit pots and sandwiches.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:59 am
Suspended

The hot food pots should be in the fridge along with the salads, fruit pots and sandwiches.
Thanks. however from my experience only the soup carton is in the fridge.

Also just wondering what is the protocol on the 777 service. Do they just load the Raid the Larder + some sandwiches or they have the full offerings, but just inside the galley?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 777's with NGCW it's the same as the 747.
The 777's without the fridge should have the non chilled items on display and the sandwiches, salads and fruit pots on request in a chilled trolley.
On aircraft without a NGCW there is no fridge or microwave fitted so no soup or hot pots are loaded.
CIHY
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by cellplex
Hello, can anyone tell me where the self-serve club world kitchens are on a high and mid-J 747-400? If I sit on the upper section do you have to go down the stairs to help yourself to something and are the the kitchens pretty much emptied out during most flights ?

Cheers

You forgot to mention that this is also the WT+ kitchen as rightly or wrongly they come and help themselves to the kitchen as well. Most of the time the FA's don't say a thing.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
On the 747 it is at door 2 left only and there should be no food on display on the upper deck .... If a passenger wants something to eat they should come to the kitchen and find everything in one place.
Last time I was on the upper deck and wanted to go downstairs (purely to stretch my legs) I was told it wasn't allowed for security reasons!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Raffles
Last time I was on the upper deck and wanted to go downstairs (purely to stretch my legs) I was told it wasn't allowed for security reasons!
Really?

I would have started a new thread about that if it had happened to me. Maybe you look a bit dodgy Raffles?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please God help me!!!! what are some crew like?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Crazy! Did you not question them?

I would have pointed them to the Club Kitchen page in the menu that says passengers seated in the UD can visit the CK downstairs.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Feb 17, 2009 at 2:52 pm
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Please God help me!!!! what are some crew like?
I feel bad for you when some of your colleagues are not following the set protocol and screw everything up for the rest of us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.