Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid SFML in Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I always find it very odd when people order a Special Meal when they have no need to...

I do wonder sometimes... I really do...
I used to order the veggie meal in Y TATL because it had a good pasta or risotto and the afternoon tea had a fruit bag instead of a cake.
The Asian vegetarian meal was a guarantee of a reasonably spiced dish
sometimes you just get bored of the usual offerings
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
What is a fruit bag? A bag of fresh fruit ?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by KenJohn
What is a fruit bag? A bag of fresh fruit ?
Um... yep!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Fish pie? Shepherds Pie? You folks eat some really weird stuff. Hum, maybe I should cancel those two BA tickets I just booked.

Or better yet, perhaps I should resurrect TTA the old Trans Texas Airlines, also knows as Tree Top Airlines. Then we could serve chicken fried steak, chili, BBQ. Ah, real food. I'm getting hungry.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Paint Horse
Fish pie? Shepherds Pie? You folks eat some really weird stuff. Hum, maybe I should cancel those two BA tickets I just booked.

Or better yet, perhaps I should resurrect TTA the old Trans Texas Airlines, also knows as Tree Top Airlines. Then we could serve chicken fried steak, chili, BBQ. Ah, real food. I'm getting hungry.
Ha ha ha...

Have you ever tried a Shepherd, minced, in gravy, covered in mashed potato and grilled? VERY nice...!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Ha ha ha...

Have you ever tried a Shepherd, minced, in gravy, covered in mashed potato and grilled? VERY nice...!
German or Belgian??

And I thought you lot love yer pooches more than yer *insert relatives of choice*??

Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

When travelling CW, I, as a matter of routine remove the VGML request from my bookings - Lacto Ovo is my default preference. I have yet to go hungry as there is always a vegetarian meal available off the standard menu.
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
As for the afternoon sandwiches, I'm afraid I'm never able to eat any of them as they always have cheese and/or mayonnaise - both of which I can't eat. I tend to eat the scones only.
Sunrise, you would have enjoyed the VGML sandwich I received on Saturday's LGW-ZRH as part of the CE afternoon tea offering; diced cucumber/tomato/bell pepper filling. No cheese or mayo present. Its a mix I have become most familiar with on BA short haul, more usually found in the VGML salads.

I only wish the catering company would do more to keep the SPML sandwiches fresh - all to often the bread has completely dried out by the time the plate is served. A real shame, as it should be so easy to prevent this from occurring.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
They already do a 'Shepherds Pie'.

And very nice it is too...I had it on a recent LHR - BOM trip. ^
I hope not, I had Shepherds on a flight in Oct, Nov and when my wife flew in Dec it was Shepherds, whilst I am "Who ate all the pies?" person, I would like a variation, here's hoping for my friday flight.

J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.