Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ag51
If this is true, it is a change - I tried to convert a relative's vouchers to BA miles last year (same surname, different address) and it was rejected because of an address mismatch. She had to wait 3 months as the points were credited back to her account rather than returning the vouchers to her.
Did you just change relative's voucher or mixed them with your own. If mixed it will throw up 2 address and cause them to be checked.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I just converted my Ł16 of CC vouchers to BA Miles. Normally do this anyway, but with this double CC points thing, I'm dubious as to whether holding onto them will be a good thing. At least I know I've got an extra 3600 miles coming my way now and don't have to worry about any possibility of "Ł5 for 600 miles" etc appearing in future.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
xenole, when you mention 'an extra 3600 miles', are you expecting double miles for the redemption? If so, I think you'll be disappointed. The double miles offer refers to purchases rather then redemptions.

I'd love to be proved wrong, though.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:28 am

Something strange has happened with my Clubcard account. Last week my account balance was something like 3550 points and it said that it would be converted to ŁXX of vouchers which will be sent with my August statement . Now it says that I have 585 points which will be converted to Ł5.50 of vouchers which will be sent with my August statement . Is this normal or have I somehow lost 3000 points? Is there no way to check historical Clubcard debits and credits?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:32 am
k3v

Originally Posted by SteveF
Something strange has happened with my Clubcard account. Last week my account balance was something like 3550 points and it said that it would be converted to ŁXX of vouchers which will be sent with my August statement . Now it says that I have 585 points which will be converted to Ł5.50 of vouchers which will be sent with my August statement . Is this normal or have I somehow lost 3000 points? Is there no way to check historical Clubcard debits and credits?

Its normal, there is a cut off date and you collected ~585 points after the cut off date. It just means that 3000 points will come as vouchers and the rest will carry over to the next quarter
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by k3v
Its normal, there is a cut off date and you collected ~585 points after the cut off date. It just means that 3000 points will come as vouchers and the rest will carry over to the next quarter
OK, but I find it strange that it says that Ł5.50 of vouchers will be sent with my August statement. Surely it should say November if it's after the August cut off date?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
New Clubcard deal: Hi-Life ‘2 for 1’ Dining Card

There's a new Clubcard deal offering restaurant meal discounts, mainly 2-4-1. These look similar to various newspaper promotions repeated in moneysavingexpert.com. At first sight, it looks similar to Entertainment card offers in the US.

Random examples: Pizza Express, Brasserie Gerard, Malmaison, Radisson Edwardian, Chili's, Chez Gerard, Ha! Ha!, Bertorelli, Cafe Rouge and numerous independent restaurants.

I've just received my directory and free membership card valid for two months in response to a Daily Telegraph promotion a couple of weeks ago. Membership can be continued at Ł29.95 a year.

The Clubdeal is Ł10 in deal vouchers for a '2 for 1' token, which I assume is for a year's membership. I'll reserve judgement until I've used the card a couple of times.

More info at http://www.hi-life.co.uk/tesco/

Edited to add: I'm reading the directory. Instructions are to call the restaurant to book, saying you're a Hi-Life member. OK so far. BUT all mainland UK restaurants have expensive 0871 numbers (with the occasional 0870). Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland restaurant numbers have landline numbers.

Last edited by Roger; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:01 am
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:52 am
k3v

OK, but I find it strange that it says that Ł5.50 of vouchers will be sent with my August statement. Surely it should say November if it's after the August cut off date?

My is doing similar, and im sure it will be ok. Tesco's computers do strange things at quarter end time
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:02 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Mine says similar

Your balance 127 Clubcard points
Your points will be converted to Ł1.00 vouchers which will be sent to you in your August Clubcard statement.

There are so many ways to spend your vouchers. Have a look at the three options below to find out more:

I had about 6000 last time I looked

Im assuming its just a balls up and all will be well when the vouchers arrive
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by kinell
Did you just change relative's voucher or mixed them with your own. If mixed it will throw up 2 address and cause them to be checked.
I've submitted mixed vouchers (from 4 cc accounts, same surnames, 2 different addresses) never had a problem since online redemptions have been possible. I did get one lot kicked back when you had to physically send the vouchers to Tesco for conversion to BA miles a few years ago but then only that once.

2 lots of vouchers have arrived this morning not a bad haul of Ł131 best we have managed for several quarters^Lets hope the instore extra point offers keep coming.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: BA
Bought some bits at tesco at lunchtime - received 2 points per point as expected! Comes under it's own heading of "new bonus points" where you usually see the breakdown of bonus points items you've bought.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by k3v
My is doing similar, and im sure it will be ok. Tesco's computers do strange things at quarter end time
How difficult can it be to get it right? Probably easier than getting it wrong.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
Yup - bonus points for me too - according to a couple of articles on the ft.com Tesco are urgently doing this to prop up their sales numbers! Promo could run up until November time? ^

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4174e1bc-8...44feabdc0.html
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
How difficult can it be to get it right? Probably easier than getting it wrong.
Sounds more like it's easier to have overlooked doing anything at all. At some stage, the text needs to be changed from "August" to "November". It's probably quite low down on the Clubcard list of priorities at the moment. And quite rightly so, given what else is happening.

After all, what percentage of Clubcard members really check their online statements more often than, say, once every six months or so? I know that I sometimes don't think to look for a year at a time. The vouchers just keep rolling in; the next batch sometimes arrives before the last batch has surfaced from the pile of post that's not yet been dealt with. (Although when I can, I do try to convert them straight away.)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I wouldn't worry one bit about unusual things happening with points/wording around the quarter end. While it may not be ideal, I doubt it's high on the list of things to worry about for Clubcard.

Part of the problem will be that people's accounts get reset (to zero, or in practice a bit above) all at different times a few weeks after the quarter-end in which those points were earned (i.e around now). I doubt the underlying wording online is clever enough to determine the accounts that have been "zeroed". Hence, some accounts where the points total has dropped yet still have reference to the points being included in the August statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.