Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Thanks for the dongle tip, just bought a couple! Any other good tips like that going?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I think something is missing here?
mmm .... this is rather confusing. I know that now the TPF vouchers are separate from the main points vouchers, but I didn't know there was any difference in redemption to Airmiles, there hasn't been with BA Miles.

I suspect that this is a hangover in the T&Cs from the old Sainsbury's scheme, when there were indeed two types of Sainsbury's vouchers (orange and green if I remember correctly), of which only one type could be converted to Airmiles.

On the other hand, if I am wrong, then it's not a good omen for all of us collectors.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
You can convert Tesco Clubcard vouchers to Virgin but there is a per person limit of £700 in reward tokens (£175 in Clubcard vouchers) so paying for all of a luxury holiday no longer works. Virgin used to take all the holiday being paid for with vouchers but presumably took a bit of a bashing so have revised their conditions. You could never use Clubcard to upgrade with Virgin, nor for pre-paid extras at the resort.
Thanks Greenpen.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Can someone confirm that since it's 2010 soon we can send another 30 ink cartridges in?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Originally Posted by Furton
Can someone confirm that since it's 2010 soon we can send another 30 ink cartridges in?
If only I could get my hands on the bags!!! Anyone have a spare one they could let me have?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
There are usually loads near the printer supplies area in my local Tesco.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by dhoward
If only I could get my hands on the bags!!! Anyone have a spare one they could let me have?
Can't youi just stick them in a jiffy bag and send them to the Freepost address?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Originally Posted by SteveF
Can't youi just stick them in a jiffy bag and send them to the Freepost address?
Good idea!

http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/g...ecycling.page?

I did some digging and you can request an envelope via the above Tesco site.

I'll let you know when/if they arrive

Cheers
Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:35 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by Furton
Yes.
Its per calender year now. It used to be per year from the receipt of the first cartridge.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Mods - perhaps we could start a new thread called "Tesco double miles promotion" (or similar) and move these nascent posts across. The main reasons are a) this promo runs to March 2010 so will cut across the 2009 and 2010 Tesco threads and b) posts on this will soon be mixed in with regular promo stuff making it hard to follow.
You know...

I really think we should do this. I have many 'new' questions about this promo, and i am sure some of you would agree it would be good to have them all in one place.

Its a once in a blue moon promotion, with great potential. Also, some clubcard members whom may not check this thread, however would be very interested in this stand a better chance of hearing about if it has its own dedicated thread.

What do you think?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
The address does have to be the same. Possibly surname as well, can never remember. However, if you want to put vouchers from Tesco Account A through Tesco Account B (in case you are worried that both the Tesco AND BA accounts need to be first time converters) then I assume surname does need to match.

EDIT - Mr Bigglesworth, no that shouldn't be an issue.
I dont think the surname has to be the same with BA Miles, however with 'airmiles.co.uk' i believe this to be the case.

At my address, there are Tesco clubcard accounts registered in different surnames. I have always converted vouchers in my name through my account along with vouchers from another account with the same address(although different surname), and have encountered no problems.

Therefore to take advantage of this current promo, i intend to create another BAEC account in the name of the persons whom clubcard vouchers i also use along with mines. Then convert our combined vouchers in Febuary through there clubcard account(have always used mine to convert to BA miles), and when the bonus miles have posted -create a HHA account. As companions on a 2-4-1 voucher/'s do not have to be named on the HHA account, then im fine with the HHA set up as it really makes no difference to me as i only intend on using it for personal MFU's and 2-4-1 reward flights.

.....hope that makes sense.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Can anyone confirm (or had personal success) that posting more than 30 cartridge in the same calendar year is acceptable by Tesco?

Assuming they are all from the same address, but different Club Card account.

I can't see a reason why they would refer to credit 100 points for each cartridge, because Tesco will earn money from recycle these cartridges.

Thanks in advnce and Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Twenty-ten has arrived and Raffles has launched a new Tesco annual master thread ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-tesco-ba.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.