Wiki Posts
Search

BA97 Lounge Calendar Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Arrow BA97 Lounge Calendar Master Thread

Its objective is to chart the flights of members, combine that information with their personal portfolio of elite frequent flyer cards and club memberships and give them information about which lounges they can use in airports, and which other calendar members may be transiting those airports at the same time. Ultimately it would be nice if members guest in those with lower status and share a drink and a chat, but this is by no means obligatory!

The calendar can be found at http://ba97.com. Since its launch in September 2005, 6000+ users have logged some 375 million flown miles in the calendar. I have no statistics over how many extra drinks in lounges this has cost various airlines!

This thread replaces the original, bloated launch thread - http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475948.

Happy to take feedback or questions to this list. There is an administrators mailgroup administrators<at>ba97.com which you can also contact. Please note that the calendar is a free resource, so there's no guarantee of 24 hour availability nor an instant reaction to any bugs or change requests; all this stuff is on a best-efforts basis.

This post will be used to index future posts of interest to calendar users:

Thanks,

BA97
fedechat and RG1X like this.

Last edited by BA97; Nov 13, 2016 at 10:48 am
Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
It's been a great success! ^

It was nice to be part of the original test group before it went live and I was glad to help out with some of the original donkey work (adding lounges, airport, some lounge photos). Which reminds me I've got some photos to add as well
Old Nov 26, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I'm not sure I've cost any more drinks to any airline but I've certainly shared a couple of beers with fellow FTers in random airports around the world (ahem )/ random flights around the world/ random cities around the world.

This is a great service you provide!
Thanks.

^^
Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Great to see there is a new thread !
Glad to help out where or if I can.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:18 pm

An excellent tool - thanks so much for providing it!! Pcf
Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:42 pm

^:-: to BA97!
Very useful tool. Keep up the excellent work.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Administrator Empowerment

Note that soon some changes in how the calendar is administered will be made; there are already some users who are administrators, and i'll be adding the functionality for them to easily browse and alter details of lounges submitted by other users.

The reason for this is the application has hundreds of lounges in which have poor/inaccurate/incorrect access rules stored for them. This can result in lounges being incorrectly recommended, or not recommended at all where the user does actually have the right to access. There are also many lounges which existed back in 2005 and three years later have disappeared or changed. Take a look at the lounges in LHR for example!

I'm sure the people that added them had the best of intentions, but review by a peer group I know to be "lounge access-savvy" can only improve the situation for all users.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Registration Details

Another point to new or existing users - providing an email address when you register, or updating your profile at a later date with a new address.

If you forget your password you can have a reminder sent to your registered address. Without a registered address, you can still get a password reminder (in some number of days) PMed to you on Flyertalk if you register a calendar handle the same as your FT handle.

Note that there is no point submitting a request for a password reset if you have neither provided an email address nor used a handle the same as FT. You may laugh, but people do do this!

Another advantage (coming soon-ish) will be an opt-in email alerting function to tell you when you're passing near to other calendar users. Obviously you cannot use this at all without a registered email address!

I'm sure calendar users will vouch for the fact they've never been spammed as a result of recording their email address in the calendar.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 5:00 pm

Glad thsi thread appeared on here... over the last few months I have noticed several of my flights missing from the main calendar despite being in my diary. Am i doing something wrong?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 2:15 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thanks for the great work, BA97.

Might it be, that one is unable to add or delete Lounge Club Memberships in the moment? They do not show up in the Loyalt Cards as Picture and you cannot update them by clicking on it like on the FFP cards.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 3:55 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Just been in adding some upcoming flights to my diary & I notice that the “Log Out” button is missing !

It used to be on the left side menu, wasn't it
Old Nov 27, 2008, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by kered
Just been in adding some upcoming flights to my diary & I notice that the “Log Out” button is missing !

It used to be on the left side menu, wasn't it
It was, but look in the top right now.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 4:19 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Doh

(smacks forehead)
Old Nov 27, 2008, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by koksy
Glad thsi thread appeared on here... over the last few months I have noticed several of my flights missing from the main calendar despite being in my diary. Am i doing something wrong?
Nope. Many users reported this issue in the old master thread to which BA97 responded it would be fixed. I recently added flights and no problemo, except that when entering airport codes, fetching airport data was slow. Tried again today and it seemed peachy
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hi BA97,

Could you check something out for me please?

I have a return flight in February that appears on my Flight Diary, but not on the Main Calendar. It appears to be the same problem that koksy reported above.

Details are :-

BA502 LHR-LIS 13/02/2009
BA503 LIS-LHR 15/02/2009

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited by DYKWIA; Jan 9, 2009 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.