Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage [max weight]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
AFAIK you wont be charged up to 32kg if you are in J. I came back from HKG last week with a bag at 26kg, no problems as I was in J.

My advice for this is to take a lightweight rucksack or something in your case and fill it with stuff, load it into the case at the top. When you get to check in, if you are overweight (I mean the baggage), you can take out the rucksack you prepared earlier and check it separately.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
Thumbs up WT+ GOING coming back euro economy

I need some help here -we are travelling WT+ and coming back ET from as there was no WT+ on the way back on our open jaw ticket .
My question is the ticket says we are allowed the 2 suitcases each which is the WT+ allowance on both legs -Is this right as we are travelling Euro traveller on the way back ?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by dundalkspur
I need some help here -we are travelling WT+ and coming back ET
Going out long-haul and coming back short-haul is rather unusual. Expecting some serious continental drift while you're away?

My question is the ticket says we are allowed the 2 suitcases each which is the WT+ allowance on both legs -Is this right as we are travelling Euro traveller on the way back ?
It is quite correct. As long as it is all on the same ticket and on BA flights, you get the highest baggage allowance.

One thing that has never been made clear to me, despite asking the BA lurkers on here more than once, is whether the same principle applies to the 32kg limit. This wouldn't affect you anyway (the waiver of the extra charge for luggage between 23kg and 32kg doesn't apply to WTP), nor is it going to affect me at least for two years, but I'm still curious about it.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Going out long-haul and coming back short-haul is rather unusual. Expecting some serious continental drift while you're away?
Yes we are going on a cruise- many thanks for your input .The Mrs is even more pleased as can pack the "kitchen sink"
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
One thing that has never been made clear to me, despite asking the BA lurkers on here more than once, is whether the same principle applies to the 32kg limit. This wouldn't affect you anyway (the waiver of the extra charge for luggage between 23kg and 32kg doesn't apply to WTP), nor is it going to affect me at least for two years, but I'm still curious about it.
Why, what's happening in two years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.