Luggage [max weight]

Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Confused? How come?

What class are you travelling in?
Originally Posted by dundalkspur
I was just checking the website and it says that from 26th nov if you exceed 23 kg you will have to pay £25 . I am a bit confused as somewhere else it says that this comes into force in nov ?
The OP seems confused that the 26th November is in November
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA1A
Yes, I was confused just reading it.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BA1A
You mean you didn't know November was just before December
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
You mean you didn't know November was just before December
Or indeed after October (most of the time!).
Old Nov 18, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, BA Blue, FlyingClub Red
Oh no the wife's been reading this thread and now she's panicking!!! She desperately wants to take her new designer suitcase (probably won't survive any better than the last one ) but is worried about the weight!

Would you kind souls who are frequent travellers keep me informed on this....
Thanks - you'll be helping out one very frazzled husband who will need this holiday by the time we get through check-in...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:57 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
Just checked in this morning to BCN -club with 24 kg bag no probs what so ever ,the check in staff in T1were very friendly and asleep !
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that. Any experiences of the luggage situation with people flying out of Gatwick long haul would be appreciated - especially to Barbados!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Travelling in J, I've managed to check in 2 x 28kg bags, no problems.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:43 am

The new weight limit of 23kgs (with payment demanded for bags greater than that up to 32kgs) doesn't come in until 26 November.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Travelling Man
Thanks for that. Any experiences of the luggage situation with people flying out of Gatwick long haul would be appreciated - especially to Barbados!
HiTravelling Man
The LGW staff have all now been informed that those travelling in F or CW will be allowed up to 32kg even though the 23kg is going to be strictly applied for other cabins.
This will also be applicable to Gold and Silver card holders, though I have heard not the oneworld equivalents. (Please don't shoot the messenger - I'm only saying what I've been told!)

My understanding is that it won't be published as of yet as we still want to encourage ALL passengers to keep to as close as 23kg as possible.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:52 am

I flew in World Traveller with 31.5kg last week and they didn't bat an eyelid!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Flying Flis
I flew in World Traveller with 31.5kg last week and they didn't bat an eyelid!

Maybe that is because it was before 26 November.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:26 am

Outbound October return December 2008

What happens if someone traveled outbound in WT in October and their return is not until 2nd December and the bags weigh more than 23 kg each? Will BA waive the excess £25 fee?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by satish_ny
What happens if someone traveled outbound in WT in October and their return is not until 2nd December and the bags weigh more than 23 kg each? Will BA waive the excess £25 fee?
Probably not as the information has been on ba.com for some months now so they will take it as you knew about the pending changes before you took your outbound flight.

PS - and they could also say that the luggage allowance has actually been 23kg for about 18 months or more now. We're just stopping the leeway we'd allowed for that time. Sorry

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Nov 21, 2008 at 5:25 am
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Sunrisegirl - you're an absolute treasure ^ and have made my wife a very happy woman - so in turn you have made me a very happy man

She can take her new designer case and will not have to show at check -in just how many shoes, handbags and other things that she doesn't need in Barbados to all and sundry!!! Owwhhhh!!!! That was the wife hitting me over the head reading my email!

All I pray is that the check-in staff at CW stick to this unwritten rule and I'll do my best to make sure she leaves the tumble dryer at home

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.