Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best rendevous point in T5 on a Stag Weekend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh!

This day week I shall be experiencing T5 for the first time when I am meeting up with 4 friends en route to HAM for the stag weekend of one of them. We are travelling ET due to budgets. We are in our 40's rather than our 20's. Others are meeting us in HAM preferring to fly LCC. Aside from the CCR, which whilst obviously the best choice, we don't qualify for, and I am BA Blue, and can't use my PP(s) for so many - so where best to meet to start the weekend off in the right vein? I was thinking Plane Food - what are your recommendations?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plane Food for breakfast, thus ensuring a good lining on your stomach!
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:48 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Landside or Airside?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Airside - and I should have said 18:35 flight. If we start off at breakfast time we are likely to be denied boarding .

Last edited by Halo; Aug 29, 2008 at 12:33 pm
Old Aug 31, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
We went for Giraffe - fairly cheap and good lining as previously discussed plus very easy to spot after security!
Old Aug 31, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Plane Food for breakfast, thus ensuring a good lining on your stomach!
LOL! I would agree with that. ISTR breakfast is all day there anyway?

I saw last week that now they're positively encouraging people to come in just for a drink. I don't know the kind of guys you are, but if money is not an issue, Plane Food would definitely be my choice at any time of the day over any other outlet in T5. At least you won't have any problem in waiting to get served.

Sometimes, though, a pub's all you need I guess. There's a JD Wetherspoon at both the main and satellite terminals.

H.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
Boots the Chemist to stock up on hangover cures?
Old Sep 1, 2008, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Howard Long
LOL! I would agree with that. ISTR breakfast is all day there anyway?

I saw last week that now they're positively encouraging people to come in just for a drink. I don't know the kind of guys you are, but if money is not an issue, Plane Food would definitely be my choice at any time of the day over any other outlet in T5. At least you won't have any problem in waiting to get served.

Sometimes, though, a pub's all you need I guess. There's a JD Wetherspoon at both the main and satellite terminals.

H.
I will third Plane Food. Was off on a stag to Berlin a few months back and we all met there. It was rather good. Although they will serve you drinks only I recommend some food as well.

I was half tempted to just go to the First lounge and leave the proles to it but thought that wasn't entering into the spirit of things!
Old Sep 1, 2008, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. I think Plane Food it is then.

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Was off on a stag to Berlin a few months back and we all met there.....I was half tempted to just go to the First lounge and leave the proles to it but thought that wasn't entering into the spirit of things!
I still get stick years later about "desserting the boys" when I tried to wrangle them into a BA lounge at some DOM outpost when I was a Gold and the rules on guests had not been so enhanced. Whilst I was working my magic they all headed off to the gate.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Halo
I am BA Blue, and can't use my PP(s) for so many -
No PP lounges in T5 more's the pity so it wouldn't matter how many you were...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.