Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the front row in CE reserved for Gold only?

Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Gold, Star Gold

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the current situation...
Are the front seats shown as blocked on Expertflyer reserved for Gold’s only, or Silver as well?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Yes ^
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Golds, Emeralds, and anyone on the same booking as a Gold/Emerald.

And available to everyone that has access to advanced seating at around 72 hours before departure.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Not silvers and on busy routes it can be more than 1st row. e.g. FRA > LHR on the 909.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Front row is reserved for golds...

...except when those golds are on the LHR-BUD BA operated flight but booked on the Malev code in which case..."computer says no".
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Golds, Emeralds, and anyone on the same booking as a Gold/Emerald.
Although it may take multiple calls before you find an agent who knows how to reseat a non-Gold/Emerald accompanying pax. Perseverance will pay off eventually!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Gold, Star Gold
Cheers!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:56 pm

Personally I never select row 1 in CE as the leg room doesn’t seem quite as good as row 2 and further back since you can extend your legs under the seat in front.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Urban Sun
Personally I never select row 1 in CE as the leg room doesn’t seem quite as good as row 2 and further back since you can extend your legs under the seat in front.
Provided you pick the aisle seats you can stick your legs out a lot further than row 2 and rearwards. Mind you you have to watch out for out of control trolleys!

Another much bigger advantage is that there is nobody in front to recline their seat into your lap.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Even as a Pleb Gold, I always seem to have availability to row 1. I upgraded my Y ticket to I class at T5 for my flight back to DUS on Sunday and row 1 AC were still available for selection.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Aug 23, 2008 at 12:20 am
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Urban Sun
1C and D are fine for a short hot (I'm 6 ft) but feel quite cramped on a long sector i.e. ATH. 2C is much nicer on that sort of route...or 27A which is much, much more comfy.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by waytogo
I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the current situation...
Are the front seats shown as blocked on Expertflyer reserved for Gold’s only, or Silver as well?
I believe they allow Premiers as well, but am not certain.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:55 pm

xxxxx

Last edited by meeshi; Oct 20, 2011 at 9:31 am Reason: xxxxx
Old Aug 23, 2008, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
1C and D are fine for a short hop (I'm 6 ft) but feel quite cramped on a long sector
Different bulkheads on different aircraft seem to extend different distances into the cabin, but I'd agree that it's generally risky to sit in row 1 if you are longer of leg. I think I best saw these seats described as 'more knee room, less leg room'.

There's seldom bag space above row 1 either - which can be a pain if the cabin is full and you are late boarding.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and more, Sofitel Privelege, Priority Club Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by 328
Different bulkheads on different aircraft seem to extend different distances into the cabin, but I'd agree that it's generally risky to sit in row 1 if you are longer of leg. I think I best saw these seats described as 'more knee room, less leg room'.

There's seldom bag space above row 1 either - which can be a pain if the cabin is full and you are late boarding.
So why does everyone seem to want to bag these seats? the only good thing would seem to be no one to recline in your face, other things such as stretch room (I'm 6ft), bag space would seem to outweigh this. Sure you can get off the plane 10 seconds earlier than row 2 but, IMHO, these are probably the worst seats in CE. Is it a big DYKWIA moment, if you get 1A?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.