Toronto YYZ new BA Lounge opens today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:27 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Toronto YYZ new BA Lounge opens today

Hi All,

Sitting in the absolutely brand new BA Lounge at Toronto for my flight to LHR this evening.. Wonderful lounge....modern, and very nice... Apparently it just opened today, and there was no communication about it!! The lounge is located on the second floor above the BA departing gate 33.

Too bad I did not get enough time to enjoy it much... (with only 5 minutes for a quick drink..).

There are two separate sections to the lounge.. To the right is the First Lounge, and to the left is the normal lounge.. Dinner is served on both sides. Dinner was fantastic... similar concept to the BA Lounge in JFK, with a chef cooking some of the meals...

So check it out for those going to YYZ!!! Sorry no pictures...

Off to my flight.

Few more observations:
(1) There is now a computer room - with about 5-6 computers with all free internet.
(2) Free WiFi in the Lounge, however, you have to ask at reception for the code
(3) The design of the lounge is similar to the T5 Galleries lounge at LHR
(4) There is now a separate F section (rather than the previous lounge having just a First class dining room.
(5) The F section is smaller than the club section (but it does have its own dinning room in the first section. Meal is by menu rather than buffet in the club side.
(6) The Lounge is located on the second floor, and you need to take an elevator up (it's difficult to find if you are not looking for the lounge) as there is no signs whatsoever directing you upstairs. The check in agent gave me the map to get to the lounge (which is right above the BA gate.
(7) I think with the layout, it is slightly smaller than the previous BA lounge (but again I could be wrong). the layout is very different, and has many different sections.

Last edited by ACfly; Mar 30, 2008 at 10:25 am Reason: Added more observations
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for sharing that ACfly!^

Have a good flight!

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Thanks for the heads-up ACf ^

Something to look forward to this summer (and hope by then things at T5 will be running smoothly).

Safe travels!
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Great news.^ I basically had given up on the old lounge( ridiculous 10-15 minute walk to the gate on a fast day) and used to just go to the bar near the gate. I presume it is in the old Canadian Empress lounge location?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:47 pm

I'll assume that CX will also be using this lounge - great
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:48 pm

Does this mean Wi-fi finally comes to YYZ?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:20 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
New lounge at YYZ!

Originally Posted by ACfly
Hi All,

Sitting in the absolutely brand new BA Lounge at Toronto for my flight to LHR this evening.. Wonderful lounge....modern, and very nice...
Thanks - great news. I had almost given up hope as every year I was told that it was delayed.

Good that it is closer to the gate, but is it back where it was years ago as was mentioned earlier, I wonder?

The old lounge was fine and I liked the F dining room, so really looking forward to using the new lounge later in the year.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Saint
Does this mean Wi-fi finally comes to YYZ?
Hi, yes there is FREE WiFi.. You need to ask at the front desk for the passcode..but very easy to remember...

Now that I have been to the new First Gallery in T5, the new BA Lounge at YYZ is very similar in style to T5 albeit significantly smaller....
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA,SPG
Is it bigger than the lounge at YVR?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Pre dinner starts at 1700hr.

Hi,

Just sitting at the BA Gallery Lounge in Toronto and waiting for my flight to LHR.

The flight is at 1830, and I decided to arrive early at 1700h to get some work done.. I wasn't thinking that the pre-flight dinner would be available that early, but was pleasantly surprised... Full Dinner! and it appears that they change the dinner menu regularly - I had the lovely stuffed Portobello mushroom.. and pasta. Two types of pastas cooked to ordered. The food offered was quite extensive.... with a nice salad bar, soups, two types of hot entrees (Today was mustard crust salmon and herb chicken), two types of pastas cooked to order, and cheese and desserts.

I am now off to the First class section for the upgrade Liquour and Cognacs...
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just sitting at the BA Gallery Lounge in Toronto and waiting for my flight to LHR.

The flight is at 1830, and I decided to arrive early at 1700h to get some work done.. I wasn't thinking that the pre-flight dinner would be available that early, but was pleasantly surprised... Full Dinner! and it appears that they change the dinner menu regularly - I had the lovely stuffed Portobello mushroom.. and pasta. Two types of pastas cooked to ordered. The food offered was quite extensive.... with a nice salad bar, soups, two types of hot entrees (Today was mustard crust salmon and herb chicken), two types of pastas cooked to order, and cheese and desserts.

I am now off to the First class section for the upgrade Liquour and Cognacs...

Hi,

Enjoy!

Regards

TBS

Ps: What kind of champagne ( if any do they serve?)
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Enjoy!

Regards

TBS

Ps: What kind of champagne ( if any do they serve?)
They had 3 whites and 3 reds... and a bottle of Moet & Chandon Imperial Champagne. Nice selection!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I also enjoyed the good new YYZ facility last month.

As we were in F, we enjoyed the served meal in, but thought that the food selection in the J section looked more extensive than in the previous lounge.

The F section is not huge, but pleasant enough and a good view of the airport, PCs near the window and Moet to enjoy.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:04 am

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Hi,Just sitting at the BA Gallery Lounge in Toronto and waiting for my flight to LHR.

The flight is at 1830, and I decided to arrive early at 1700h to get some work done..
After push-back, facing south, right turn at alpha kilo, left turn onto bravo and after quick taxi, take-off from 06R?

Sorry don't have pictures
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Any updates on the lounge, service, champagne (F side)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.