Wiki Posts
Search

Help with turnaround at CPH...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
Help with turnaround at CPH...

Hoping for some advice! I'm off to OZ on Saturday but the flights are chocker and I found a 'cheap' fare to OZ from CPH with the outbound segments from LHR in F. Question is how easy is it to do a turnaround? I'll have no baggage as I will leave it in London. Is it just a question of printing my boarding pass before I leave? Am I able to just walk off the plane, wait then get back on it without clearing customs or security?

Options are
d LHR 09.40 arr CPH 12.30 d CPH 13.20 or 16.00
d LHR 12.00 arr CPH 14.55 d CPH 16.00

Any help appreciated!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:36 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
If you have printed your BP then yes you could come off the a/c then stand around the gate area without going through imagration and get back on the a/c.
The passport control is about 10 yards from the gate so if you want to wonder 2 minutes to the shops and lounge then that is easy.

If for some reason you have to check luggage then this is a LONG walk to the baggage hall and then back to the BA checkin area.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
As noted, you could conceivably just hang around the gate pier and get back on, but there is literally nothing out by the gates, save maybe a soda machine.

I would just head through passport control, which on a bad day will take 2 minutes. Then a short walk out into the main terminal. The BA lounge is nice, if a bit small, and worth ducking into if you are thirsty or need the facilities. The shops aren't that special, but Illums Bolighus is worth a quick look if you like Scandinavian design.

No need for the 16:00 departure, as you can do the 50 minute turn-around with time to spare. The only thing I would say is that, if you could work in a 5 or 6 hour turn-around, then you would have time to head into town and check it out. During the day, the metro runs pretty frequently and will take you to Kongens Nytorv, from where you could check out Nyhavn, walk along the Strřget, or maybe even get yourself onto a canal tour and get a quick view of the city. Count on about 1 hour each way, counting waiting for the train and time to re-clear security on the way back.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 CPH entries listed in post 244 of the Turnaround thread
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:13 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
2 CPH entries listed in post 244 of the Turnaround thread
Thanks - useful thread I didn't know existed
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:45 pm

Repeating what others have posted. I use CPH very frequently.

You can return on the same plane. Most likely you will belong to Gate14. Passport control is 5 seconds from the gate. From there it is a 3 min walk to the Main terminal. BA Lounge is nice and small. Most I've seen in there is 6 PAX.

Clearing passport control leaving main Terminal is extremely quick.

Oh and they have Starbucks
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks everyone for the tips, think I'll take the earlier flight although as Im not in London Friday it's going to mean an early start - at least I get to experience the pleasure of Qantas F so I can compare it with BA and their competitors over in the Star Alliance!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Unless I was drunker than I thought, I arrived at T3 and left at T2. There was quite a walk between the two. This wasn't a turnaround (was next morning) but may be worth you checking which terminal you're travelling to / from.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
Unless I was drunker than I thought, I arrived at T3 and left at T2. There was quite a walk between the two. This wasn't a turnaround (was next morning) but may be worth you checking which terminal you're travelling to / from.
You where Drunk MHL!
Terminals are not quite separated at CPH. T3 has it's dedicated Check-In area from T2, but everyone passes the same security which leads in to the Main building and shops. From there you take different piers.

1 day trip for MHL so I guess you did not check bags, hence went straight to security and did not remember which way you arrived from. Remember CPH is odd in the sense that after Passport control, which is near the gate all PAX mix it up in the main building. This probably added to your confusion
Old Mar 2, 2008, 4:22 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
I think you were just as drunk as you normally are. There used to be different security areas for T2 and T3. There is one common bagage and customs exit though T3, so you would exit throught T3, and in the "old" days you would enter again after checking in with BA at T2 security.

There is now just one common security area for T2 and T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.