FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Booking reference out of cheaptickets.com record locator? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/704096-booking-reference-out-cheaptickets-com-record-locator.html)

DA40 Jun 14, 2007 10:45 am

Booking reference out of cheaptickets.com record locator?

For the second time, I booked intra-european BA tickets via www.cheaptickets.com as they are a lot cheaper than via BA.com.

Unfortunately, cheaptickets.com does not give you the booking reference. However, by typing in some part of the record locator (different from the booking reference) provided by cheaptickets.com, the booking shows up on ba.com and shows you than the BA booking reference. Whereas this worked the last time, I don't really arrive this time.

So, does anybody know how the system works, which parts of the locator should be used? :confused:

Thanks

DA40

Fivelamps Nov 26, 2007 10:21 am

Cheaptickets record locator and BA booking no

Hi,

Seems that you disregard the last two letters on the cheaptickets record locator eg RZ and count back 6 to get the correct British Airways booking reference number:

So the full cheaptickets ref might look like : BR34050B5G8JKRZ - the BA record locator would be B5G8JK

Just tried it and it worked but next week who knows?

Good luck :)

Cap'n Benj Nov 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Arent BA meant to price match prices from anywhere else on the web?

nigelloring Nov 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fivelamps (Post 8790241)
Hi,

Seems that you disregard the last two letters on the cheaptickets record locator eg RZ and count back 6 to get the correct British Airways booking reference number:

So the full cheaptickets ref might look like : BR34050B5G8JKRZ - the BA record locator would be B5G8JK

Just tried it and it worked but next week who knows?

Good luck :)

Welcome to FT, fivelamps, and thank you for this tidbit!

The letter R Nov 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 8791250)
Arent BA meant to price match prices from anywhere else on the web?

Sure they are, however (IIRC) *everything* has to match.
Bucket, rules, no special promotion e.t.c.
Of course, YMMV.

--r

absoluy Apr 18, 2008 10:45 am

Ticket confirmation

Hi,

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but it's a similar topic.

I booked a BA ticket on cheaptickets.com yesterday (they're about 50% cheaper than BA for the ticket), but haven't received any confirmation e-mail yet. They did state that it could take up to 24 hours, but I'm begining to worry that this was a (not very obvious) mistake fare. I've heard nothing from cheaptickets.com (either confirmation or cancellation). I found the ticket on sidestep.com, linking to both cheaptickets.com and orbitz.com (which I have since found out are the same company), so I was pretty sure it was a valid ticket.

Does anybody know how long it normally takes cheaptickets.com to issue the ticket, or how to check if it's still being processed? I have a purchase request e-mail, as well as a CheapTickets record locator.

cd.. Mar 24, 2012 6:27 pm

hi

how to locate a ticket..? somebody help me please......

Rickers Mar 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by cd.. (Post 18265849)

WHat a strange question !

Have you tried looking in your inside jacket pocket ? That's where I often put mine ! :)

RB211 Mar 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by cd.. (Post 18265849)

Please be more specific. What exactly are you asking?

rb211.