FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Checkmytrip.com has been 'enhanced' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/693016-checkmytrip-com-has-been-enhanced.html)

More Champagne Sir? May 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Checkmytrip.com has been 'enhanced'

Seems like the clever design folks at Amadeus have played around with www.checkmytrip.com. It certainly looks nicer, but once you enter in your surname and a PNR, its crap!

~ No seating information anymore
~ Displays your contact telephone number ( :td: )
~ Only shows generic FF number, not FF number for individual sectors
~ Generally far more cluttered and overall far less useful

Another reason/justification to sign up to expertflyer.com, I guess :)

Keith009 May 14, 2007 12:27 pm

The lack of seating info and proper FFP transmission info decreases the usefulness of checkmytrip significantly.

QF agents in particular are ill-equipped with non-QF FFPs and it usually takes 3 calls to get my AA number inserted properly. Under the old checkmytrip I'd be able to tell when FF numbers are transmitted incorrectly but good luck with that now! :td:

Thank heavens for MMB so I can still monitor my BA seat allocations - will have to dig around the respective websites of the other carriers and even then not all of them show this info either. :(

G-BOAC May 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Whoa there, MCS? - this gets a ^ from me...check out the e-ticket receipt...fare basis is in there! Booking codes at last!

The downside is the new UI has lost all my past PNRs from the IE drop-down list, now I've got to re-enter them all! And worse, it's a secure page so my IE isn't keeping a new drop-down :( Still, worth it for the extra info without a doubt.

I see no difference in how my FF numbers are shown vs. before?

Interesting there's no e-ticket receipt for my Expedia Special booking. All my other bookings are OK though. I do agree the loss of seat information is a shame. I wonder why that's been done?

AJLondon May 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Yuck, that new checkmytrip is a serious downgrade as regards the seat maps. :td: :( (Seat maps are what I use checkmytrip for most of the time.)

Although the etix receipts are an improvement.

The Saint May 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Mmmm. Absence of seat maps is a huge step backwards. Can we ask them to reconsider?

It's not showing any of my phone numbers.

You only get an e-ticket receipt for direct bookings with BA. For Expedia bookings it is not offered. In that respect, BA.com is now better :confused: (I need to lie down).

G-BOAC May 14, 2007 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by The Saint (Post 7735347)
You only get an e-ticket receipt for direct bookings with BA

And BD it seems :) No phone numbers or e-mails for me either.

Roger May 14, 2007 1:30 pm

I just checked a future LHR-LAX-LHR in CW later this year, showing BA ref NOSYNC. :eek:

I was nonplussed by this:

miscellaneous

Roberts Field (Redmond, Oregon, USA)
Saturday, March 22, 2008

Notes
-PEROW

miscellaneous

Roberts Field (Redmond, Oregon, USA)
Saturday, March 22, 2008

Notes
-PEROW

general remarks

RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED
RESTRICTED

Perhaps I should know, but what's the significance of
- Roberts Field?
- March 22,2008 (not the travel date)?
- PEROW?
- RESTICTED RESTRICTED RESTRICTED ...?

Thanks.

AJLondon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm

My phone numbers and email are showing. Just checked 3 separate bookings on BA, BD and LH. And even an award booking is showing a fare basis! (OBP00SQ for those keen to know these details.)

Keith009 May 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 7735248)
I see no difference in how my FF numbers are shown vs. before?

It is more a problem with multi-carrier itineraries where you want to be sure that ur FF number is transmitted correctly to every carrier on the itinerary. And also if, like me, the carrier you most often fly with isn't the host of the FFP you accrue with. ;)

For eg, if you have BA, QF and IB on the PNR and accruing to AA, you could tell it's all good in the old checkmytrip when all 3 of the following are displayed: 'British Airways - AAxxxxxxx', 'Qantas Airways - AAxxxxxxx' and 'Iberia - AAxxxxxxx.' With QF agents inserting this info I normally get only 'American Airlines - AAxxxxxxx' on the first go even when there's no AA content, which will result in miles not being credited altogether, or only for AA flights if they exist on ur itinerary. On the new format it simply displays your FF info generically with no indication of whether they're transmitted to the appropriate carriers. Have to be vigilant at check in now.

G-BOAC May 14, 2007 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 7735399)
showing BA ref NOSYNC. :eek:
Perhaps I should know, but what's the significance of
- Roberts Field?
- March 22,2008 (not the travel date)?
- PEROW?
- RESTICTED RESTRICTED RESTRICTED ...?

NOSYNC is nothing to worry about - at some point, your PNR is synced to a different system in BA (the Departure Control System, DCS), creating a new BA specific (non-Amadeus) reference (which appears on OLCI, on your bag receipts, etc.). I believe this is being phased out soon anyway, but until then it will happen automatically at some point before departure. I've had a lot of these lately but never any problems on OLCI, etc. I wish I could claim credit for that knowledge, but a very helpful BA person from FT can, not me ;)

The Roberts Field/March 2008/PEROW can be ignored - this is automatic dummy data inserted to keep the PNR alive after travel (hence the date) for future reference by the airline/TA. CMT interprets the code to do that wrongly as the Robers Field airport code. This was always in CMT, even in the old version.

I have RESTRICTED...etc. too on a booking. I guess that's just to rub it in that we're gypos who don't pay fully flex...as if the CIV wasn't enough :D

Moomba May 14, 2007 1:47 pm

It seems Checkmytrip has gone tits-up. Maybe too many people checking out how bad it is.

I now get a server error when attempting to navigate to the site. :eek:

AJLondon May 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Moomba (Post 7735517)
It seems Checkmytrip has gone tits-up. Maybe too many people checking out how bad it is.

I now get a server error when attempting to navigate to the site. :eek:

Try and refresh. It happened to me first time round too.

jhm May 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 7735399)
Roberts Field?

Airport code RDM, i.e. redemption but checkmytrip interprets it wrongly.

SLF May 14, 2007 2:12 pm

email addresses are visible for me. A definite :td: Is there a privacy issue here? If my phone number was visible I'd be severely displeased.

Moomba May 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 7735606)
Try and refresh. It happened to me first time round too.

Yes seems to work now although I don't think I will be visiting again.

I have lost all faith in the accuracy of the information it provides.

One PNR shows me travelling in Premium Economy on QF :rolleyes:

Another shows the full 4 sectors on the itinerary page and drops one of the sectors on the e-ticket receipt page. :(