Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkmytrip.com has been 'enhanced'

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 1:33 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Where are these guys based ? The English language in the reply is awful.
Does Borat have a new job ?
And Borat tells us what he thinks of CMT:

"Ones things for sures, I don't likes this fabrications."
Old May 25, 2007, 1:52 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Where are these guys based ? The English language in the reply is awful.
Does Borat have a new job ?
Either in France (Nice) or Germany (Erding). Amadeus' head office is in Madrid, software development centre is in Nice and data centre is in Erding. Goes back to the days when Amadeus was started by AF, LH and IB.
Old May 26, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
E-ticket

Hello everyone,

hope you're having a great BH weekend, despite the awful weather.

Does anyone know of a website where I can check if e-tickets have been issued under a PNR code? I mean free websites, that does not require a subscription.

Thanks
Old May 26, 2007, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by arpiuk
Does anyone know of a website where I can check if e-tickets have been issued under a PNR code? I mean free websites, that does not require a subscription.
You can do it via MMB on BA.com if it's a BA/QF booking. Just click on 'view/print itinerary.'

You used to be able to do it on checkmytrip.com - but my ticket number disappeared under the new format...
Old May 26, 2007, 12:51 pm

thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it's not a BA booking. It's a BMI redemption for a LH flight. Any other website that I can check for free?
Old May 27, 2007, 10:47 am

Wrong status on CMT

One of the must fatal things on the new Checkmytrip.com website is that it shows misleading information...

I have justed checked a booking we are waitlisted on and according to Checkmytrip we are now confirmed:

Booking reservation number: xxxxxx
Trip status: Confirmed
• Your trip is confirmed and the reservation is guaranteed.
• We recommend you make a note of the booking reservation number or print this page.

When double-checking with the airlines it seems that we are NOT confirmed - this is just fatal misleading information on Checkmytrip.com??????? In Amadeus the booking is still waitlisted...

Lucky we double-checked with the airlines - as we where just 2 minutes from booking a hotel on a non-refundable basis for 2 weeks in Mexico....

The new checkmytrip.com is just terrible - for no use at all....

Misleading information and no ticketnumbers anymore....
Old May 28, 2007, 3:34 am

thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it's not a BA booking. It's a BMI redemption for a LH flight. Any other website that I can check for free?
Have you tried www.lufthansa.com... fair enough you have to quickly create an online profile, but that will show a BD reward booking to you, though I am not sure what information it will give as I haven't got any LH bookings at the moment... but worth a shot.
Old May 28, 2007, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by DarrenT
Have you tried www.lufthansa.com... fair enough you have to quickly create an online profile, but that will show a BD reward booking to you, though I am not sure what information it will give as I haven't got any LH bookings at the moment... but worth a shot.
Thanks for the tip. I already did that, but doesn't show any more than checkmytrip does.
Old May 28, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: F
Just phone LH and ask!
Old May 29, 2007, 1:12 pm

does anyone know if Expertflyer can retrieve a booking in Amadeus and will it show the e-ticket number? if so, how can I do that. I tried searching, but no luck.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
does anyone know if Expertflyer can retrieve a booking in Amadeus and will it show the e-ticket number? if so, how can I do that. I tried searching, but no luck.
Unfortunately it can't

I actually emailed them with that very suggestion about a month ago. here's their response

Originally Posted by Email from EF
Thank you for your email. No that wouldn't be possible as it would require both for us to be using the exact same reservation system as your travel agent/airline and they would have to explicitly give us permission to see it. It isn't just open for anyone to get. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team
Old May 29, 2007, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Unfortunately it can't

I actually emailed them with that very suggestion about a month ago. here's their response
oh, buxxer. So, i take it there is no other site showing e-tickets. I hope checkmytrip will re-instate that feature.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 1:55 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seat map information is now back on checkmytrip.

You need to click on the View Details link under the itinerary section to see them. You can also click on the seat numbers to show the seat map and there is a facility to change you seat online. I don't know if it works as I have already got the seats I want and it is not available for all my flights. The seat change option is not available for all my bookings though.

Last edited by Moomba; Jun 2, 2007 at 2:03 am
Old Jun 2, 2007, 2:37 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Moomba
Seat map information is now back on checkmytrip.

You need to click on the View Details link under the itinerary section to see them. You can also click on the seat numbers to show the seat map and there is a facility to change you seat online. I don't know if it works as I have already got the seats I want and it is not available for all my flights. The seat change option is not available for all my bookings though.
The seat map is so small! The seat change is available for all my flights, you just enter the seat number of the seat you want next to the passenger's name and click save. Similar to how you can work the VS System.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 4:31 am
SLF

Programs: Various
I have a (manually created) web page into which I add details of all my bookings (e.g. flights, car, hotels etc.) Previously I've had a button for each trip which I've coded to take me direct to the CheckMyTrip page for that PNR. The best I can do now gets the home page pre-filled with the PNR & Surname, but requires an extra click to get to the final data.

Can anyone offer a suggestion to remove the extra click and have a link (or button) in my web page which goes direct to the CMT results? (I'm no expert with Javascript, so I'm sure the below can be improved too )

Code:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function cmturl(pnr)
{
        var surname = "?????????"; // fill in your surname here
	return "https://www.checkmytrip.com/plnext/XCMTXITN/CleanUpSessionPui.action?" +
		"LANGUAGE=GB&" +
		"SITE=XCMTXITN&" +
		"REC_LOC=" + pnr + "&" +
		"DIRECT_RETRIEVE_LASTNAME=" + surname;
}
</script>

<!-- copy this section to create a button for each PNR.  Replace the "??????" with the actual PNR -->
	<form method="post" action="" onsubmit="this.action=cmturl(this.submit.value)">
		<input type="submit" name="submit" value="??????">
	</form>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.