TAM bus #110 from Monte Carlo to NCE

Subscribe
I need to get from Monte Carlo to NCE airport to catch my BA 343 flight to LHR.

I've come across a TAM bus #110 (an airport express bus) that runs between the airport and Monte Carlo (and back) for about 15 euro and takes about 45 minutes. This seems a better deal than taxis, a train to Nice, and most other alternatives.

Anyone ever use this bus? Anyone suggest a better (and cheaper) way to get to the airport?

HMB
I can't get you there faster and more conveniently, just cheaper. TAM 100 from Monaco to the gare routiere in Nice and then walk over to the railway station and connect with TAM 23 or 99 to Nice airport. Total cost €2.60. Time to gare routiere from Monaco is 60 minutes. Time from the train station to the airport is 20-30 minutes.

You could also change to TAM 1 or 2 at the gare routiere and take it to square St. Maurice and then get the bus to the airport from there. That would add an additional €1.30 to your total fare and the time between the gare routiere and square St. Maurice is 20 mins.
The walk and other alternatives described in the previous post are both unnecessary.

Instead simply change "platforms" in Gare Routiere and take the 200 bus sign posted Cannes. This will take you to the airport for 1 euro 30.

The timetable is at:

http://www.cg06.fr/transport/transports-tam-lignes.html

To answer your question however, although the above is cheaper - it certainly isn't better. The advice is obvious - please just pay the 15 Euros and take the 110 coach! It's great value! The timetable is also at the link above. Also if you have any luggage the 110 coach opens the luggage lockers underneath to take your luggage. It's first stop after Monaco is the Airport. The local buses however will not welcome any luggage -and I promise you that you will not be a popular bunny if you take on cases or anything larger than a shopping bag.
Quote: The local buses however will not welcome any luggage -and I promise you that you will not be a popular bunny if you take on cases or anything larger than a shopping bag.
It never fails to amaze me how bus operators provide facilities like a sevice to an airport, and then are hacked off if passengers use it who are actually expecting to take the plane from there, and therefore have their luggage with them.

On a smaller scale it is likewise common to provide a local bus service to a shopping centre but not provide in any way for passengers having shopping with them on the way home.
To answer the OP, I have taken the bus from the front door of the Marriott and it was an excellent way to airport- not as good as the heli transfer - but more economical- I wouldn't want to be changing buses-- one bus direct works okay- views from the corniche are quite good too.
Quote: It never fails to amaze me how bus operators provide facilities like a sevice to an airport, and then are hacked off if passengers use it who are actually expecting to take the plane from there, and therefore have their luggage with them.

On a smaller scale it is likewise common to provide a local bus service to a shopping centre but not provide in any way for passengers having shopping with them on the way home.
I'm not certain you've characterised this fairly or in a balanced way. As it happens the local system is probably the best in the world where they have just reduced all local fares (except "special services") to 1euro 30. This means that if you take the bus to Cannes or Monaco from central Nice it will cost you a flat 1 euro 30. I wish they had a service like this in London!

The local bus operators aren't in the slightests hacked off. What in fact they are doing is providing as an additional service a special bus route from Monaco to the Airport and from the airport to other places like Cannes. These buses don't stop everywhere else and are specifically for air travellers. The one from Monaco doesn't make any other stops before the airport. This service is deisgned to help travellers and make their lives easier by avoiding the local "stop everywhere" bus routes which aren't a perfect solution for people with cases or big bags. In fact there are two services from Cannes to the airport - one is a stopping bus at the flat rate - the other a fast motorway bus at a premium. People make their choices and at least they have the choice.

I'm not certain it's fair either to be critical of the bus drivers of the local buses who happen to provide links to the airport as a part of their local route services for both travellers but predominently people that work there, for not getting out of their seats and opening the side hatches. That would be disruptive for all the other passengers and the other road uses, and bus lane users in what is already a very congested city - particularly whilst so many of the roads are "up" with the major tram building project. I think it's common sense to use airport bus services and the criticism in this particular case is may I suggest a bit off-beam.
Guess TAM 200 would be a better bet. Didn't realize it came into town.
Quote: Guess TAM 200 would be a better bet. Didn't realize it came into town.
..... stops on the adjacent quai
Another option with light luggage: train from Monte-Carlo to Nice St Augustin (30-40 min.), 10 min walk (500 m) to Terminal 1 (no signage and no shuttle because of the local taxi driver association). cost: 3.90 EUR
Quote: Another option with light luggage: train from Monte-Carlo to Nice St Augustin (30-40 min.), 10 min walk (500 m) to Terminal 1 (no signage and no shuttle because of the local taxi driver association). cost: 3.90 EUR
You can even go FIRST class on the train, and if you're (un)lucky get to check out the local hoodie scene
Quote: You can even go FIRST class on the train, and if you're (un)lucky get to check out the local hoodie scene

......... but don't forget the nice walk at Monaco end .......

Take the bus!