Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 27, 07, 1:05 pm   #1

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.35MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.29MM)
online checkin but won't be able print boarding pass

I've given up (as a AA EXP/OW Emerald) trying to get advance seating for a LHR-DME flight and unfortunately I will be at the SFO airport waiting for my LHR flight when the 24hr window for online check in opens up so I can't print a boarding pass.
Is it possible to check in but not print a boarding pass and get the actual pass in LHR?
Old Mar 27, 07, 1:08 pm   #2

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, BAEC Blue
Yes - I've often OLCI without PYOB if I don't have access to a printer while travelling.

Looking on the BA web site, it mentions that printing is an option if you have a printer, but does not imply it is compulsory:http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._gb?eId=104509
Old Mar 27, 07, 1:11 pm   #3

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, no problem - just OLCI but don't print! b
BA Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 07, 1:40 pm   #4

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, SkyTeam Elite+, LY GL, TK Elite, IHG PL AMB, HH GL, A-Club PL, Sixt PL.. etc.
I usually prefer not to print the boarding pass so that i can print a proper one using the SSCI counters. That way i can keep the real boarding pass for the Coat Hanger in J or F.
jonnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 07, 12:34 am   #5

Programs: BA Amex Premium Plus, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million View Post
I've given up (as a AA EXP/OW Emerald) trying to get advance seating for a LHR-DME flight and unfortunately I will be at the SFO airport waiting for my LHR flight when the 24hr window for online check in opens up so I can't print a boarding pass.
Is it possible to check in but not print a boarding pass and get the actual pass in LHR?
I always OLCI and never print a boarding pass and never had a problem. Maybe there Is an option to check in for the LHR-DME flight at the same time that you check in for the SFO-LHR flight giving you all your boarding passes at the same time.
Freddie Laker is offline   Reply With Quote