Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:23 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by pauldb
Just to tackle my concerns, has anyone actually got the points in their Tesco account yet?
nout yet
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
How long do Marriott points take to credit after purchasing?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket
How long do Marriott points take to credit after purchasing?
this it was about 24/48 hrs for me
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold,Orchid Silver,QF,BMI, Starwood,Hilton,Hyatt
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but don't forget that you get 1 point for every $ spent on the MR Visa CC as well.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oddly I just got two email receipts from Marriott for my purchases of a week ago
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by BA97
Oddly I just got two email receipts from Marriott for my purchases of a week ago
Ditto - about a week after they were bought and redeemed
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BA97
likewise, got 2 emails today

I think the processing is now in progress
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by subhi

Dunno - this was only the processing for purchase of the points... not the conversion. Still haven't received a confirmation email for the conversion.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by schofs
Dunno - this was only the processing for purchase of the points... not the conversion. Still haven't received a confirmation email for the conversion.
I agree. But I bet the final move to CC Points is all done in a batch. If someone has done a similar conversion before and can post the date that their clubard points were awarded, we may get a clue that way. Otherwise we sit on our hands lest they tremble. (and yes, I bought some too, even 'though I don't need them. Dumb or Hooked or both?

Last edited by philco; Jan 11, 2007 at 3:05 pm
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
24 hours to post Marriott points...so far so good. Off to buy some more..
thanks to the OP^

edit- now I am confused....
Email received saying points have posted and transaction complete... I log in and balance still showing as 0?

Last edited by leaveamessage; Jan 11, 2007 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 11, 2007, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by TOMSURFER
It will set you up a virtual account anyway, but i have pm'd you with a number as well. There may be address consistency checks that will trip you up.
Tomsurfer,

Thanks for the help. I was in the process of moving the account to the UK anyway so that won't be an issue.

Appreciate your picking me up a number. The web site makes it look like I can set up the account online so hopefully that will work smoothly.

I've got almost 1.5 Million Marriott miles and so this is a wonderful way to use them. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

If anyone ever needs help with something over in the US let me know. I'd be happy to try and return the favor.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbedelman

If anyone ever needs help with something over in the US let me know. I'd be happy to try and return the favor.

A green card would be nice
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
On a separate note, its interesting how little interest there has been on the Marriott board about the ability to buy points. The thread petered out very quickly. There are obviously no other clear win-wins apart from Tesco-BA. It IS cheaper to buy points for stays in New York or London than to pay for a room, but as Marriott does not guarantee to open up award rooms if you have the points and they have an empty room (unlike Starwood) the ability to exploit this loophole is limited.
1. If I read the thread correctly, you have to have UK address to get a Tesco account, and most of the Marriott folks are US resident.

2. Over here, Marriott types tend to be less flush than you BA First types, and most of us don't have a grand or two lying around, especially right after Christmas.

3. Getting award nights from Marriott is sometimes tough, which is why I book mine months in advance -- all of them. Then, as the date approaches, I cancel the ones I won't use.

BTW, if you purchase Marriott points with the Marriott Premier Visa, it might be the case that you get 5 pts/$, since it is a Marriott purchase. Anyone know if this is true?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by sbedelman
I've got almost 1.5 Million Marriott miles
You have our deepest sympathies for having to spend so many nights in Marriott hotels. They are truly awful (well at least the fleapit in Orlando was so bad, even the dog in the next room was howling all night...).

On the other hand, you've just made yourself just over a million BA miles. You lucky sod!!! One little suggestion: please don't swap them until I've received my TCC points else they'll cancel the promotion and I'll be stuck with Marriott Reward points

Cheers
/MHL
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by subhi

Ditto... one for the 99,000 miles; one for 26,000 miles.

Did anyone try for more than 125,000 miles?

Has anyone received the Tesco CC points? Would be nice if they come in time for the Feb statement...

Cheers
/MHL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.