Female pilot / captain experience?

Subscribe
My flight from Jersey was the first time I've ever experienced being captained / piloted by one of the fairer sex (and I should point out, nothing at all wrong with that).

Was just wondering does anyone know how many female pilots / captains BA has?
Quote: My flight from Jersey was the first time I've ever experienced being captained / piloted by one of the fairer sex (and I should point out, nothing at all wrong with that).
Was just wondering does anyone know how many female pilots / captains BA has?
Funny you should ask this because I was wondering this myself just yesterday, while being flown from TLV to LHR by a female pilot for the 3rd time on the route in 2 weeks!
Still uncommon enough that people remark on them then
I was flown by a female pilot from Manchester to Edinburgh on Monday evening. I guess it must be at least 10%.
OT, but what the hell. My wife was concerned when both the pilot and second officer on an Air UK flight from STN were female. Can't think why.
Quote: I was flown by a female pilot from Manchester to Edinburgh on Monday evening. I guess it must be at least 10%.
Its actually around 5%.

I had a female captain on BA back from Singapore in May on the 744. For those who can remember a BBC programme that followed a 747 from London to Sydney (via Bangkok) back in the late 80's/early 90's (think it was called airline) Well, the lowly first officer who had 2 stripes who took over for the cruise and was interviewed about female pilots now has 4 stripes

Also had a numerous female F/O on BA on the 744, A319 and 737.
We've got female FOs and Captains on all fleets in BA. Just as well they don't have to reverse the aircraft.
Do the female pilots park the planes too?

Quote: Do the female pilots park the planes too?

Do they have a glove compartment in the cockpit for lipstick and make-up mirrors?

At least we're not afraid to ask for directions if we get lost
Quote: At least we're not afraid to ask for directions if we get lost
Now I'm really worried

Cheers,
Rick

Reminds me of the (male) pilot on my last flight who, explaining why we were stopped awaiting someone to guide us the final yards to the remote stand, said "and if you've seen me trying to park my BMW, you'll know why"
Quote: I was flown by a female pilot from Manchester to Edinburgh on Monday evening. I guess it must be at least 10%.
A very efficient female captain flew my wife and I back from jo burg on the 21st Nov..
I had a female captain and first officer on my first 2-4-1 when I went to Vancouver. Although there was a third flight crew member who was male.

Agree with Jenbel though. The fact that it's noteworthy shows that it's still a male dominated profession. And not just male dominated but white male dominated. How many black captains does BA have?
Quote: Also had a numerous female F/O on BA on the 744, A319 and 737.
One who flew me back from AMS came out to say goodbye on disembarkation. She didn't look old enough to be served alcohol in a pub, let alone have a CPL. (Very cute, though.)