Female pilot / captain experience?

Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by spotwelder
I

There are several ladies on the LGW 737 fleet and at least one captain.
I would go as far as to say almost half of my flights out of LGW recently have had a female flight deck crew member.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by flyclub
I would go as far as to say almost half of my flights out of LGW recently have had a female flight deck crew member.
And to the first person to congratulate me on 1,000 posts, congratulations to you on 4,000 posts
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had one just the other day, a scottish lady called Karen I believe.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by latitude
Good that you remembered her name. Was she any good?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:09 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold

Pedantic mode on

Why were there none coming back?

or

Which half of your flight almost had a female pilot? The front half perhaps?

Pedantic mode OFF

RAF Cocktail party chatter 101..
"Oh, so you are a Wing Commander! Don't they trust you with a whole aeroplane?"
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Good that you remembered her name. Was she any good?
A gentleman never tells....

However, her flying, that's a whole different story !
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Tesco Clubcard!
Originally Posted by latitude
She might have been the one I had when flying LGW to EDI on the first flight out at the end of Jan when Gatwick was closed due to snow first thing. We sat on the flight for about 2 hours and I think she got bored so she came out to chat to the passengers (sounds like a woman )

It's always P**ses me off when they board you knowing that the bloody airport is shut. 2 hours sat in the comfort of the lounge would have been far more acceptable.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jwillett13
Two that come to mind are the Valujet that put it in the Everglades (plus she was a SCAB) ...
And is that fact of any relevance to the discussion?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Two of my flying instructors were female.
I had a female flight instructor too. I thought she was OK but some of her contemporaries elsewhere in the RAF didn't have many good things to say about her. Mostly bovine related

Originally Posted by BOH
A true story from the very first 777 revenue flight from LHR which was operated by UA. A big fanfair and rollout wlecomed the pax checking in, the majority of which were unaware when they booked that it would be the very first flight on a 777.

C4 ran a documentary on the making of the 777 which covered this first flight and some elderly American chap checked in and was told something like "Congratulations sir, you are on the inaugural 777 flight".

He turned away, completely unaware of the historic occasion he was part of and muttered to the camera something like, "Wow, I'm on an all girl flight, just hope they know how to fly the goddam thing"
^ I'm praying that is on Youtube!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.