Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30, 06, 1:54 pm   #1
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold GL
Posts: 153
Question The Safety Demonstration Script

It's a long story - but does anyone know the script of the BA safety demonstration? Or where I can find it. Help much appreciated.

Thanks
RJLondonGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 2:18 am   #2
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 239
yes i know it what do u want to know
lgw29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 2:47 am   #3
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Edinburgh UK
Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Posts: 9,181
God I've heard it so many times I'm surprised I can't recite it in my sleep...........
edi-traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 4:06 am   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cardiff, UK
Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Gold, PC Platinum Royal Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
God I've heard it so many times I'm surprised I can't recite it in my sleep...........
Quite - I think if they were asking for any volunteers I would give it a whirl.

After all, they let me serve the Champagne once!
flyclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 3:47 pm   #5
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold GL
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgw29
yes i know it what do u want to know
A client is doing an event themed round an air travel. The opening speech is meant to be set around a safety demonstration. Im trying to write it based around the BA one - but I cant remember the damn thing! Any help would be appreciated! So I need the whole thing...

R
RJLondonGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 4:24 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Posts: 6,070
Heck at one point I was going back and forth the AMS so much, I could almost do it in Dutch. I should see if my friend has it in their big TD book.
LHR Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 06, 4:30 pm   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: BAEC Gold, BD Gold, Lufthansa FTL plus lots of shiny hotel and rental car plastic
Posts: 17,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyclub
Quite - I think if they were asking for any volunteers I would give it a whirl.
And I know of one FTer who has actually done the safety demo on a flight out of AMS

You and BA97 could make quite a team You could be pilot, then set autopilot and serve champagne and BA97 could retrieve passengers bags from the overheads
__________________
'There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror' - Orson Welles
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 06, 2:59 am   #8
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold GL
Posts: 153
Thank you - I now have it!

Really appreciate it

Ta v much

R
RJLondonGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 06, 6:16 am   #9
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Posts: 3,907
And the mistakes...

and if you want to know what the mistakes in it are.....

www.pedantstravelsociety.com for the grammar slaughtering of the English language trying to camp up and sound like Americans

www.spottiesevacuations.com for the errors in the text relating to exit drills.

Must dash, another set of points to earn. Sounds like a deal from the top deck to me (wot no F upgrade with miles, no, had to change booking and not enough time....)
spotwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 06, 7:02 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Programs: Starbucks Rewards GOLD
Posts: 981
[Note: gentle music fades in. A female voice reads out the following passage.]
Before we take off, your captain asks that you familiarise yourself with our safety procedures and equipment.

[Note: music fades away.]

Lets look first at the safety features immediately around your seat.

[Note: the animation changes to show a "fasten seatbelt" sign.]

Whenever the sign is on, fasten your seatbelt securely. Insert the metal tag into the buckle and tighten by pulling on the loose end. We'll provide extension seatbelts for infants.

When seated we recommend you keep your seatbelt securely fastened even when the sign is off, but to undo the belt, simply lift up the metal flap on the buckle and pull apart.

[Note: the animation changes to show an oxygen mask coming down.]

If the cabin air system should fail, oxygen masks will be released from the panel just above your seat. Stay in your seat and pull the mask towards you to open your oxygen supply. Place it over your mouth and nose as quickly as possible and adjust the band to secure it. Then breath normally. Do make sure your own mask is correctly fitted before helping anyone else.

[Note: the animation changes to show the member of cabin crew wearing a lifejacket.]

Your lifejacket is either beside or underneath your seat. To use it, take it out of the container and place it over your head. Pass the tapes around your waist and tie them securely in a double bow at your side. Inflate your lifejacket when you leave the aircraft. We'll supply life cots for babies and lifejackets for infants.

In the unlikely event of the aircraft having to make an emergency landing, you'll be told to take this protective brace position which is shown on your safety card. High-heeled shoes must be taken off as they may tear the evacuation slide.

[Note: gentle music fades in.]

We will now explain how to leave the aircraft in an emergency.

[Note: music fades away.]

Move quickly to the closest usable exit leaving your hand baggage behind. Emergency lighting at floor level will help you find your way to the exits. These are clearly signed. Your crew will now point out the exits nearest to you.

[Note: the animation changes to show the aircraft door positions.]

The doors are opened by moving the handle in the direction of the red arrow. Opening the doors automatically inflates the evacuation slides. The slide can also be inflated by pulling this handle. Jump onto the slide and move away from the aircraft. If the aircraft has landed on water these slides detach to form rafts.

As you leave the aircraft, inflate your lifejacket by pulling the red tag. If necessary, blow into this mouthpiece to top up the air. A light will come on automatically on contact with water and there's a whistle for attracting attention. [Note: a whistle can be heard.]

[Note: gentle music fades in and the animation changes to show a "no smoking" sign and a "no electronic equipment" sign.]

We'd like to remind you that smoking is not permitted onboard this flight and that portable electronic equipment may interfere with the aircraft systems. Games and word processing equipment must be switched off for take off and landing, and mobile phones for the duration of the flight.

Always make sure your hand baggage isn't blocking the aisles or exits. It should be put under the seat infront of you or in an overhead locker, but place items in the locker carefully as they may fall and injure someone.

As we prepare for take off please make sure that your tray table is put away, your seat is upright and your armrest is down. Please stow your handset, individual video screen and leg rest if you have them.

Finally take a look at the safety card in the seat pocket in front of you. If you have any questions please ask your crew. We hope you have a relaxed and enjoyable flight.

[Note: music fades away.]
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 06, 8:31 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LON, ACK, BOS..... (Not necessarily in that order)
Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Posts: 10,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario
[Note: gentle music fades in. A female voice reads out the following passage.]
Before we take off, your captain asks that you familiarise yourself with our safety procedures and equipment.

[Note: music fades away.]

Lets look first at the safety features immediately around your seat.

[Note: the animation changes to show a "fasten seatbelt" sign.]

Whenever the sign is on, fasten your seatbelt securely. Insert the metal tag into the buckle and tighten by pulling on the loose end. We'll provide extension seatbelts for infants.

When seated we recommend you keep your seatbelt securely fastened even when the sign is off, but to undo the belt, simply lift up the metal flap on the buckle and pull apart.

[Note: the animation changes to show an oxygen mask coming down.]

If the cabin air system should fail, oxygen masks will be released from the panel just above your seat. Stay in your seat and pull the mask towards you to open your oxygen supply. Place it over your mouth and nose as quickly as possible and adjust the band to secure it. Then breath normally. Do make sure your own mask is correctly fitted before helping anyone else.

[Note: the animation changes to show the member of cabin crew wearing a lifejacket.]

Your lifejacket is either beside or underneath your seat. To use it, take it out of the container and place it over your head. Pass the tapes around your waist and tie them securely in a double bow at your side. Inflate your lifejacket when you leave the aircraft. We'll supply life cots for babies and lifejackets for infants.

In the unlikely event of the aircraft having to make an emergency landing, you'll be told to take this protective brace position which is shown on your safety card. High-heeled shoes must be taken off as they may tear the evacuation slide.

[Note: gentle music fades in.]

We will now explain how to leave the aircraft in an emergency.

[Note: music fades away.]

Move quickly to the closest usable exit leaving your hand baggage behind. Emergency lighting at floor level will help you find your way to the exits. These are clearly signed. Your crew will now point out the exits nearest to you.

[Note: the animation changes to show the aircraft door positions.]

The doors are opened by moving the handle in the direction of the red arrow. Opening the doors automatically inflates the evacuation slides. The slide can also be inflated by pulling this handle. Jump onto the slide and move away from the aircraft. If the aircraft has landed on water these slides detach to form rafts.

As you leave the aircraft, inflate your lifejacket by pulling the red tag. If necessary, blow into this mouthpiece to top up the air. A light will come on automatically on contact with water and there's a whistle for attracting attention. [Note: a whistle can be heard.]

[Note: gentle music fades in and the animation changes to show a "no smoking" sign and a "no electronic equipment" sign.]

We'd like to remind you that smoking is not permitted onboard this flight and that portable electronic equipment may interfere with the aircraft systems. Games and word processing equipment must be switched off for take off and landing, and mobile phones for the duration of the flight.

Always make sure your hand baggage isn't blocking the aisles or exits. It should be put under the seat infront of you or in an overhead locker, but place items in the locker carefully as they may fall and injure someone.

As we prepare for take off please make sure that your tray table is put away, your seat is upright and your armrest is down. Please stow your handset, individual video screen and leg rest if you have them.

Finally take a look at the safety card in the seat pocket in front of you. If you have any questions please ask your crew. We hope you have a relaxed and enjoyable flight.

[Note: music fades away.]
Ok now all you have to do is incorporate that into a trip report, and you're approaching the level of a certain Asian based FTer and his detailled reports.
__________________
You get what you inspect not what you expect
Jimmie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:50 pm.