Wiki Posts
Search

What font does BA use?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
What font does BA use?

Does anyone know what font is used by BA?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
http://www.babrand.com/ may help.

Phil
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: If Easyjet gave status....
It's a custom font created for them called Mylius: http://www.customfonts.com/csview.asp?cs=BA

Never found anywhere from where it can be downloaded, but maybe someone else knows?

Last edited by Tu114; Jan 18, 2006 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The technical name is Mylius Sans Regular.

I have it on my computer back in the UK. If you are desparate drop me an PM nearer the 20th Feb and I'll see if I can dig out the file and email it to whoever is interested.

Can't remember for the life of me how I got it but it was rather useful for essays and assignments at Uni. It was one of the approved fonts for submitting work and made a change from Arial / Times New Roman etc. Might be worth having a look on P2P software to see if the file is on there.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Can't remember for the life of me how I got it but it was rather useful for essays and assignments at Uni. It was one of the approved fonts for submitting work and made a change from Arial / Times New Roman etc. Might be worth having a look on P2P software to see if the file is on there.
I detest Ariel with a level of passion that surpasses even my feelings for G.W. Bush. Hate it Hate it Hate it

To give you an example of how vehement my aversion of this aesthetically vulgar sans typeface is, I had one of my IT support colleagues fly up from London to remove the vile font from my workstation. But the f***ing font refused to budge.

Life would be much more satisfying if people used Univers instead. By the way, what was the original question?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Tu114
Never found anywhere from where it can be downloaded, but maybe someone else knows?
Google results give some pointers to other people who might be asked, although whether they are legitimately distributing the font or not is an open question. fonts.com doesn't seem to have it any more.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by GregM
I detest Ariel with a level of passion that surpasses even my feelings for G.W. Bush. Hate it Hate it Hate it

To give you an example of how vehement my aversion of this aesthetically vulgar sans typeface is, I had one of my IT support colleagues fly up from London to remove the vile font from my workstation. But the f***ing font refused to budge.

Life would be much more satisfying if people used Univers instead. By the way, what was the original question?
and do you still have the arial font on your machine now??? It's a piece of P*ss to remove
NeverFirst likes this.

Last edited by cuddlychin; Jan 18, 2006 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by cuddlychin
and do you still have the arial font on your machine now??? It's a piece of P*ss to remove
That's just mean

Phil
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:04 am

There are in fact two, Mylius Regular and Mylius Sans Regular.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
In the first editions of the download-able timetable that BA issued, the software installed the font automatically into the user's computer as well.
So quite a few people on FT probably already have it installed without knowing. There are in fact 6 files: Regular, Italic and Bold, and same again in Sans type. You might be able to check in your fonts list to verify if you have it.

Last edited by Cyba; Jan 19, 2006 at 4:52 am
Old Jan 19, 2006, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cyba
In the first editions of the download-able timetable that BA issued, the software installed the font automatically into the user's computer as well.
So quite a few people on FT probably already have it installed without knowing.
Just checked this - and I'm one of them. Never knew this ... thanks!
Originally Posted by Cyba
There are in fact 6 files: Regular, Italic and Bold, and same again in Sans type.
Monotype's page suggests that there's a tweak called Headline as well, with bold and italic flavours.

Last edited by Globaliser; Jan 19, 2006 at 6:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.