Wiki Posts
Search

Champagne at EDI!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Champagne at EDI!

Yes it is certainly true. I am sitting in the EDI Terraces supping some Champagne so contrary to previous comments it is, if you ask nicely, available!

Steady-Edi is sat opposite enjoying it two. And the who can post first prize is won thanks to the joys of a Windows Smartphone!

Enjoy Salzburg Gerry.

Rich
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Yes it is certainly true. I am sitting in the EDI Terraces supping some Champagne so contrary to previous comments it is, if you ask nicely, available!

Steady-Edi is sat opposite enjoying it two. And the who can post first prize is won thanks to the joys of a Windows Smartphone!

Enjoy Salzburg Gerry.

Rich
hmmm - points awarded to him though if his post is more grammatically correct than yours how much have you had?
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

yes guilty as charged. A bit much red and also trying to send message while final boarding being called!

Gerry, I do hope you finished what was left in that bottle!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel
hmmm - points awarded to him though if his post is more grammatically correct than yours how much have you had?
Perhaps as a Scot, Jenbel, you could shed some light on exactly what on earth the OP was on about. I understood some of the words but that's about it!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Corr blimey, Yes I had maybe had a few to drink but it doesn't read as too much gobbledegook does it!

Previous posts have disputed the availability of Champagne at Terraces outwith London so I thought I would ask and sure enough they had some.

I think I got a two and a too mixed up but I was rather pleased to be posting after a few wines and while rushing to the aircraft!

I will throw in a few och's, naes and dinnaes next time to ensure the Scottish Dialect causes full confusion

Anyway, due to the LHR catering fiasco I am now fully sobered up, sadly!

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Perhaps as a Scot, Jenbel, you could shed some light on exactly what on earth the OP was on about. I understood some of the words but that's about it!
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:11 am

Programs: SMWS
I think I got a two and a too mixed up but I was rather pleased to be posting after a few wines and while rushing to the aircraft!
Blame the predictive text, Rich!
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:14 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I will throw in a few och's, naes and dinnaes next time to ensure the Scottish Dialect causes full confusion
Aye, but we'll all ken fit ye mean, like!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Yikes ... Aerotec wins the posting contest by a mile! So that's what you were tapping away at, you crafty devil
Gerry, I do hope you finished what was left in that bottle!
Not quite, I suspect, but it was rather nice, wasn't it? And of course, being on the Gatwick flight myself, ... hic!

Salzburg was brilliant, despite rubbish weather. Although normally an ICHG slave, I decided to give my comp SPG Gold card an outing at the Sheraton and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite!

Website update coming later this week.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Steady-EDI
Website update coming later this week.
WAY off-topic for this thread, but Salzburg exploits now added to www.rtwman.co.uk if anyone wants to have a look.

How do I join Dave_C's campaign for a direct BA service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.