Wiki Posts
Search

IFE not working compensation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
IFE not working compensation

Returned from ORD on Friday night in J. The IFE was not working for at least the 1st two and a half hours ( I fell asleep in a Rioja induced slumber then) it was working when I woke up 4 hrs later. Should I complain and what should I expect?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Worth writing a letter and see what you get. Don't expect too much, but it depends on how much you use the route (or at least how much you can make it seem like you use the route!). There is good competition to ORD, so that puts a little more pressure on BA to keep market share, if you know what I mean.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes complain. Nicely, write how disappointed you were etc etc, rather than how disgraceful this was.

Expect nothing. Then you can be pleasantly surprised if they give you 10,000 miles, or a £100 duty free voucher.

AFAIK, I received £50 d/f voucher when I once wrote about an IFE problem, and that was a few years back.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Blue.
I got 2 cans of Stella when it was not working when I flew to Miami in WT ;-)
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
LOL I can remember a fair few friends of mine switching their "back to school and uni" travel from KLM to BA once they realised BA served Stella in Y. (However, have they now swapped for Grolsch?)
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
LOL I can remember a fair few friends of mine switching their "back to school and uni" travel from KLM to BA once they realised BA served Stella in Y. (However, have they now swapped for Grolsch?)
We still serve Stella or wife beater as it is known as well as Grolsch.Please tell your friends to come back onboard for a beer. ^
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
got £80 in shopping the world vouchers for no ife lhr-syd was in J last month.
So it was no food and no ife and could not be fixed at bkk, but at least food arrived at bkk. CSD made all pax fill out a form and when i got back had vouchers waiting.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
So it was no food and no ife and could not be fixed at bkk, but at least food arrived at bkk. CSD made all pax fill out a form and when i got back had vouchers waiting.
What with that AND cheaper car insurance, you're definitely on to a Winner!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Calm down dear
Just goes to prove you don't have to be posh to be Priviliged!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat
More annoyingly...

The in-seat power (for the laptop) was not working in J on yesterday's flight from IAD, using the same APC adapter that BA sells on board. The APC adapter has worked fine on long-haul 767 and 747 flights this month.
The steward tried a number of seats (in F as well) and a number of adapters. The CSD came and told me that it never works on a 777. However, I was saved by another passenger who had a Targus adapter that seemed to work.

I don't understand 1) BA can advertise that there is in-seat power on their 777 flights when it is a known problem, and 2) how they can then sell £75 adapters that are known not to work.

I have of course written a letter to BA complaining about this...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Monkville
More annoyingly...

The in-seat power (for the laptop) was not working in J on yesterday's flight from IAD, using the same APC adapter that BA sells on board. The APC adapter has worked fine on long-haul 767 and 747 flights this month.
The steward tried a number of seats (in F as well) and a number of adapters. The CSD came and told me that it never works on a 777. However, I was saved by another passenger who had a Targus adapter that seemed to work.

I don't understand 1) BA can advertise that there is in-seat power on their 777 flights when it is a known problem, and 2) how they can then sell £75 adapters that are known not to work.

I have of course written a letter to BA complaining about this...
We were told that there was a problem with the 777, but this has beennow been fixed. I am sorry that you had a problem it may have been just on that aircraft on that flight.
I had similar problems on a 747 in W/T + on my flight yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.