Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"What PDF?? "

I followed link "see a summary of changes in your region" and logged in.

At the bottom of the page it said

"For complete details of the changes to Executive Club North America, click here to print a pdf version of our brochure (380kb)."

I downloaded the pdf file. I assumed that there would be one for other regions

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:30 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Well, its 12.30 GMT and we already have a load of posts! I am of to the pub for my Friday lunch drink. No doubt I will be pissed (drunk and angry UK/US) when I return.

My quick thought on it all. BA you have ****ed up!

[This message has been edited by CT-UK (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:32 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
"I downloaded the pdf file. I assumed that there would be one for other regions

Dave
</font>
No pdf but here is the text:

Summary of changes in your region

From 1 July 2003, we are introducing a series of important refinements to the British Airways Executive Club, enabling us to offer members a consistent range of exclusive benefits and services worldwide.

Below is a summary of how these changes will affect you. For details on the programme changes, please click on the links on the right hand side.

Executive Club Tier Points

Tier Points will be aligned at 600 Tier Points to enter and renew Silver membership, and 1500 Tier Points to enter and renew Gold membership. However, the current renewal levels of 500 and 1200 Tier Points will be honoured until 1 March 2004.

You will earn more Executive Club Tier Points on UK Domestic flights and on some short European routes.

The additional Gold tier rewards upon reaching 2400 and 3600 Tier Points will change. From 1 July 2003, Gold members will be awarded with a one cabin upgrade for two upon reaching 2500 Tier Points and another at 3500 Tier Points*.

Based on customer feedback, the Silver partner card will be removed.

BA Miles

Silver and Gold members will benefit from the new tier bonus. Silver members will earn an additional 25% BA Miles for every mile flown and Gold members will earn 50% BA Miles.

You will be able to earn 100% BA Miles on 2 additional economy booking classes, B and H.

Companion redemption ticket discounts will no longer apply after 1 July 2003.

You will be able to take advantage of 2 new redemption opportunities:

Miles for Upgrade - use your BA Miles to upgrade a purchased ticket to the next cabin.

Part Cash Part Miles - you will be able to combine BA Miles and cash to pay for an economy redemption seat.

* Terms and Conditions apply.

Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"And lets not even start on u**grades... if I read it right, you can do it from J/C/D/I?? so we'll have all the people buying elcheapo I-class sat in F??"

I don't see a problem with mileage upgrades and the costing they have used seems reasonable . Charging the miles for a free economy ticket to upgrade 1 class does not seem to be too cheap. I wouldnt pay that cost to upgrade from business to 1st to be honest given the quality of New Club World , but I would upgrade from WT+ to Club at the 0.5 cost.

Is the upgrade cost a 1 way upgrade or a round trip upgrade ?

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:44 am
dnw

Dave- my reading of it was as a round trip amount and that you can only do a one-way upgrade on a one-way ticket for half that amount.

dnw

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:47 am

Well of course!

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 6:26 am
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
Charging the miles for a free economy ticket to upgrade 1 class does not seem to be too cheap. I wouldnt pay that cost to upgrade from business to 1st to be honest given the quality of New Club World , but I would upgrade from WT+ to Club at the 0.5 cost.</font>
This looks like the outstanding bargain of the scheme, on a quick reading, if you can get a miles-paid upgrade from a good T class fare into the NCW cabin.

(No, I wasn't actually thinking of USD 20, but that wouldn't be bad.)
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:57 am

There's a button for feedback on the changes. I've already given mine

As a 5 year gold who fell to Silver this year, I guess it's easier to get my Gold card back but harder to keep it when I get it.

I go to Spain a lot in CE, so far fewer points and miles for me, yet it's going to cost me 20K more miles for a CW return to New York.

The ability to upgrade for UK members is a plus, but we'd have to buy WT+ seats to be able to get club. Still much better to but a dirt cheap coach ticket on AA and upgrade with miles.

Have they kept the one-way rewards which were one of the few benefits of being a UK member?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:57 am

forget it globalizer, upgrades are for full fare tickets (not T). with all the other changes, did you really think they'd make that any easier?!
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:58 am
dnw

Wow.. I've just noticed that the awards for Brazil have gone from 50K/100K/150K to 70K/140K/210K.... Now I'm really not happy
Old Feb 28, 2003, 6:01 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prof:
forget it globalizer, upgrades are for full fare tickets (not T). with all the other changes, did you really think they'd make that any easier?!</font>
I think you may be wrong there. It appears at first read that all classes eligible for full mileage are now also eligible for u*grade.

dnw

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Having recently switched my membership from UK to Europe, I seem to be less affected than some others. Perhaps you should all follow suit ??

"Tier Points will be aligned at 400 Tier Points to enter and renew Silver membership, and 800 Tier Points to enter and renew Gold membership. However, the current renewal levels of 300 and 600 Tier Points will be honoured until 1 March 2004.

We are introducing a new benefit for Gold members - a one cabin upgrade for two people upon reaching 2,000 Tier Points*."

Its all at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_de
although I think that you can only access this if logged in as an EU member.

These changes aren't good at all, especially the fact that they are lumping the East and West Coasts of the US into one zone. 50,000 miles for an economy ticket to somewhere like Boston is daylight robbery. Especially considering that if you now fly to the West Cost on a paid ticket you only get the points you would formerly get with an East Coast destination.

If BA charged the same price for a return to Los Angeles as they did Boston, I could understand the changes, but they don't, so why lump miles/points into the same group?

Another thing I noticed is that you earn first class a 2x rate, but it still costs 3x to redeem miles for the award. I am extremely disappointed with these changes.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 6:10 am
dnw

OK enough doom and gloom, shall we try and see what we can find thats actually better?

I'll start with a couple for the UK scheme:

-Book up to 3 days before
-Changes and cancellations up to 24hrs before
-T class WT+ earns 75pts
-UK Domestic gets 20 tier points

and a couple open to debate

-U*grades
-Lower entry thresholds for Gold/Silver

any more?

dnw
Old Feb 28, 2003, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Already there appear to be contradictions.

At first I was pleased that B and H fares seem to qualify for tier points on UK Dom - or so the table says.

But then in the "Q&A" it says:

From 1 July, you will need to take an eligible flight to join the Executive Club. A flight is eligible if the booking class qualifies for Tier Points. All travel in Premium Cabins, and Economy travel booked in Y, B or H class, and UK domestic travel booked in C class are eligible for Tier Points.

I don't know whether I can be bothered to phone the drones as they'll not know the answer will they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.