Search

BA miles for cat cereal - Miaow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2002, 9:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
BA miles for cat cereal - Miaow

In the good old days of Sainsburys and rewards you could eat your way through some spectacular reward point offers which converted into some serious mileage. ( One of the best was brekkies dry cat food - the kids hardly noticed it mixed in with their Weetos plus milk in the morning - in fact I think they preferred it to the Weetos - ah happy days ! ) Anyone know whether there may be any other great ways to accumulate BA miles, whether with the Tesco scheme or otherwise. Anyone had any experience picking up Tescos vouchers from friends?
Miaow, flyers.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 2:54 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
At present Tesco's have bonus points (100, 150, 200) on variopus cheap wines - most are low standard but good for Xmas presents to the unspecting
Old Nov 22, 2002, 4:12 am

Tesco's scheme is pretty good. If you spend £60/week on average they give you premium status in their Clubcard scheme, and THAT means you get double miles.

They send you vouchers once a quarter, which you can use for cash off at the checkout, or convert to Air Miles or BA Miles.

This is one example of a loyalty scheme which, for me, really works. I now make a conscious effort to shop at Tesco whenever possible - although I am pretty sure I would be less loyal if I lost the premium status and only got half the miles for the same spend!

Bottom line: change your shopping habits in favour of Tesco!
Old Nov 22, 2002, 7:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
'Various cheap wines' - how come I can't get too excited. What about self financing car washes, Dolmio pasta tomato sauce, Novon washing liquids, Macleans toothpastes . . . come on Tesco's you might do better in your endeavours to fuel the hungry value seeking flyertalk members - there must be a whole community of grocery deficient persons just waiting for such a promotion That's if you are really serious about stealing a march on Sainsburys . .
Old Nov 24, 2002, 4:21 am

I switched AWAY from Sainsbury's to Tesco's when JS stopped doing the BA miles.

So far, I have received over 20,000 miles from Tesco, which represents a much faster collecting rate than I had with JS.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 6:48 pm

You used to give cat food to your kids???
Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UK Flyer 1:
In the good old days of Sainsburys and rewards you could eat your way through some spectacular reward point offers which converted into some serious mileage. ( One of the best was brekkies dry cat food - the kids hardly noticed it mixed in with their Weetos plus milk in the morning - in fact I think they preferred it to the Weetos - ah happy days ! ) .</font>
Dear God! I thought that I was born wicked...but even I would not stoop to that!

What I want to know was whether the cat noticed the difference either?

Dr Z Tesco's scheme is pretty good. If you spend £60/week on average they give you premium status in their Clubcard scheme, and THAT means you get double miles.

And will they do Lounges and Gold Cards and will I use the "U" word without blushing? Will they have priority pass aisles, and will I Humble Servant of the Skies have her very very own "status"?

Will they have a Forum on this Board?

Tarom....Eat your Glam Heart out!

Old Nov 28, 2002, 11:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:

Dr Z Tesco's scheme is pretty good. If you spend £60/week on average they give you premium status in their Clubcard scheme, and THAT means you get double miles.

And will they do Lounges and Gold Cards and will I use the "U" word without blushing? Will they have priority pass aisles, and will I Humble Servant of the Skies have her very very own "status"?

</font>
For 500 BA Miles you get a free upgrade from Tesco's own-brand baked beans to Heinz 57!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.