Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 11, 99, 6:00 pm   #1
Original Member

British Airways World Offers (from the US)

BRITISH AIRWAYS WORLD OFFERS
INCREDIBLE AIRFARES TO OVER 30 DESTINATIONS!
LONDON HOTELS STARTING AT $59 PER PERSON PER NIGHT!

Fly to London or beyond with British Airways World Offers! We have put over 30 cities on sale world wide, with London hotels starting at just $59 per person per night! Here is just a sample of our incredible airfares from New York and Boston...

LONDON $224
PARIS $229
ROME $294
PRAGUE $294
MADRID $309
ZURICH $309
ATHENS $325

We have great airfares from all of our 22 U.S. gateway cities, but you will have to hurry - these prices are only valid for purchase through August 31, 1999 for travel September 5 through October 30, 1999.

For reservations or more information, please call 1-800-368 7373 or find out more at http://www.britishairways.com/region...rs/start.shtml

Prices are one-way based on round-trip purchase. A surcharge may apply
for weekend travel. Fares are subject to availability and do not include government charges of $60 to $125. $59 hotel prices only valid for purchase August 10-17, 1999 for travel September 5-October 30, 1999.
Other significant restrictions may apply.
baobab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 99, 8:09 pm   #2

I've been looking for low cost fares to LHR from LAX (17 - 26 Sep) for a while -- this "sale" seems no different than the prices that have existed for a while. I finally gave in and went for a miles award (and chipped in the extra 20,000 for business).
SteinerboyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 99, 11:10 pm   #3
Original Member

I just copied the e-mail they sent me, Steinerboy... the airlines' "sales" are dictated by the competition, I suppose.

Still, a little over $200 to get across the Atlantic isn't too bad when you compare it to some North American flights.
baobab is offline   Reply With Quote